PDA

View Full Version : would it bother you?

L33 LEG
18-04-09, 02:54 PM
as you all know iv got a E30 cab and i love it. mainly because theyre pretty rare now and me being white, its quite funny driving around in it lol and its also a car that iv wanted since i was 17 or so.

however though i live in a town which is mainly asain populated and because of that theres quite a few E30 cabs in storage around the town. within the past week i have seen two near identical cars to mine and its really bugged me Lol. the joys of driving something different has gone as its not different anymore.

what would you do?

drive it and not bother that theres others around and just keep it clean and as the years go on the more its going to be worth

or sell up and buy another car, and if so what car? not bothered at all about running costs and reliability. the car must be different. either standard or something jap and modified highly.

last year i made a similar post and wanted a car for around £6k or so, i narrowed it down to either an sl500 or a rx7. but i would prefer to just spend around £4k. i think in an ideal world i would find a clean standard rx7 which has had a rebuild and then just keep it in my garage for a year until it is modified to how i want it, but i VERY much doubt i can pick one up that cheap.

so what car? im a big fan of CRXs and one day in my life i will own one, but i want the car to be worth swapping the E30 for.

so should i sell up and buy another car? keep it and sell it another time? or sell up, save up a bit more cash and buy a decent car?

decisions decisions :(

Jim Mcrae
18-04-09, 02:58 PM
Buy a Lancia Delta. They rule

Asa-James
18-04-09, 02:58 PM
keep hold, but put it in the garage over summer. come winter time when all the others go back into storeage, get yours back out again!

L33 LEG
18-04-09, 03:00 PM
funny you say that, they USED to be one of my fav cars. but even though i said i wasnt bothered about reliabilty, i wouldnt fancy finding the parts to one of them to fix it.

i think as the years have gone on iv gone off them tbh :(

L33 LEG
18-04-09, 03:00 PM
keep hold, but put it in the garage over summer. come winter time when all the others go back into storeage, get yours back out again!

lol thats a good idea. mine was the only one out during winter, with the roof down :eek:

Bubba
18-04-09, 03:08 PM
lotus carlton :D u know u need 1, i know i do

L33 LEG
18-04-09, 03:12 PM
a bit out my price range lol

i really dont know what to do, just had a quick look on PH and there just isnt any cars that take my fancy. i wont end up selling it, iv been saying this since i bought the thing lol

Bubba
18-04-09, 03:16 PM
saw one other week on ebay for 9.5k :O

insurance would be the same for me haha

muzzy
18-04-09, 03:46 PM
That does actually annoy me, especially if they are very similar to mine. Look at it this way though, you must be doing something right for folk to have cars looking like yours.

L33 LEG
18-04-09, 04:02 PM
i suppose its just the same as novas and most cars. its a replica of the best model and kept clean, so theres obviously going to be a lot about.

anyway iv just put it on pistonheads. not even bothered even i get any calls or not but if somebody offers me near the asking price il snap it off them lol

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/997692.htm

Bubba
18-04-09, 04:09 PM
p/x 1.3 nova more door with cash my way? lol

L33 LEG
18-04-09, 04:10 PM
no lol

Bubba
18-04-09, 04:16 PM
worth a try :P i recon it will go due to summer coming up

AlexW
18-04-09, 05:15 PM
Acualy it does annoy me, with my old clio i done a few small mods, and then about 3months later i saw a similar clio with the same wheels, annoyed the funk outta me.

Same with the nova aswell, hence why ive got a 1.4 rather than a 1.6 aswell as having 3spokes and **** like that. Would rather keep my nova looking kinda pov spec than to have it being a copy (Or being copied) by somone else.

dj_wudgey
18-04-09, 05:18 PM
Buy a Lancia Delta. They rule

im with jim get a delta lol

L33 LEG
18-04-09, 05:21 PM
Acualy it does annoy me, with my old clio i done a few small mods, and then about 3months later i saw a similar clio with the same wheels, annoyed the funk outta me.

Same with the nova aswell, hence why ive got a 1.4 rather than a 1.6 aswell as having 3spokes and **** like that. Would rather keep my nova looking kinda pov spec than to have it being a copy (Or being copied) by somone else.

i suppose this is the main reason why i sprayed my nova wheels red lol cant see anybody copying me!

and no, im not getting a lancia Lol

bai1ey
18-04-09, 05:36 PM
i think the rx7 is a good choice i dont see meny around and i had a quick butchers and you will be supprise what is in you price range

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1992-MAZDA-RX7-BLACK_W0QQitemZ270376479667QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAuto mobiles_UK?hash=item270376479667&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A7%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

mayhem
18-04-09, 06:24 PM
go for a E24 635csi

http://digiads.com.au/carsales/used-cars/car_ad_photos/digiads_car_ads_91747_6.jpg

but not in red.. dark grey is great on this car. and with some proper BBS rs wheels

L33 LEG
18-04-09, 06:25 PM
iv just had a call off a guy about my car, iv told him all the faults and he seems very serious about it. hopefully hel be down 2moro and buy it lol

and that rex seems very cheap, post more cars like that up and you never know, i might buy it Lol

L33 LEG
18-04-09, 06:26 PM
nopt really keen on them mate, if i was to buy another bm it would be an 850 but im not sure if itl fit down my drive lol

mayhem
18-04-09, 06:27 PM
merc 560 sec? also a great 80's car

L33 LEG
18-04-09, 06:29 PM
im not sure which car that is but i doubt il be a fan of it. the only classic 'prestige' cars i would go for is either an older shape SL500, a bm 850 or an E30. i think i prefer to go jap again and make it something special, or if an old ford comes up for sale that i like i might be tempted.

IF i do sell this car i really should save the money and when i fix and sell my 328 cab i can get something really decent.

L33 LEG
19-04-09, 10:53 AM
another 2 calls this morning...

first one asking me to sell my wheels lol why would i do this? seriously.

and a minute later a guy rang me from london asking if it was for sale and if i would go any lower. i said obviously that when you come and see the car we could make a deal and then he just said 'ah ok then, well il give you a ring after iv thought about it'. strange people Lol.

dj_wudgey
19-04-09, 11:02 AM
but yea mate to be honest id be pissed if i saw and identicle car to mine about ive allways had sr's and the closest any one has round here are mk2's

i have seen a red mk1 sr but thats not from doncaster!! i dont know if i would be fuming actually id have some one else to cruise with me and they would be in style too lol

L33 LEG
19-04-09, 11:07 AM
thats why im trying to find a car that will be completly a one off. think my best bet is to go jap and modify it highly. i wouldnt mind another mr2 tubby tbh but theyre a bit cheap looking now.

more than likely though i wont sell my car, the guy who was very interested in it yesterday is wanting the car to be in A1 condition. he was going one about how many beemers hes driven, and out of all of them (even brand new 5 series, etc), E30s drive the nicest. so i think hes going to be a bit shocked when he test drives mine lol

L33 LEG
19-04-09, 11:30 AM
i want :eek:

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/949254.htm

Sloth
19-04-09, 12:04 PM
if your flogging the e30 for that you need a good talking to mate. seriously its gonna bite ya in the ass. a good mate of mine has just broke a track/drift spec mx-5 runing 360bhp and a cossie box and back axle because it wasnt reliable. if i was you id look for a 750iL in black or an audi s8.... mmmmm pimp.

L33 LEG
19-04-09, 12:12 PM
i wont be buying that pickup, i havnt the money. but something as 'different' as that would be my choice. i wouldnt mind a s14 or something similar, but would have to be special and therfore i cant afford them.

iv looked at S8s but the problem i have is that im only 5ft9 and look like im 18. i get funny looks in a 3 series, let alone something as big as an S8 lol

i wouldnt mind keeping the E30 at all, i just fancy a change though.

Pistol Pete
19-04-09, 12:16 PM
Havent read the whole thread...

What ever car you get, someone somewhere will have one the same! Fact of life. Who gives a toss what you look like in it? Its your car! If you are happy with the E30 keep it.

Sloth
19-04-09, 12:17 PM
mate im 6ft2 and 17 stone, and i like small cars....

what bout a 4dr skyline? or a stagea rs260? <--my family car when i get older...

novanova636
19-04-09, 12:20 PM
NOOOOOOOOO dont sell dude. E30 all day everyday. Should be no choice.

L33 LEG
19-04-09, 12:23 PM
i like 4 door skylines, but havnt seen any for sale. then again tho i havnt looked.

and pete, i know what you're saying. im not just selling it because theres another one in town. i dont need this car and whatever i swap it for i wont need that. i just like to a change and then il probably change that. aslong as i make money on them then im happy. and no matter when i sell the E30 il make quite a profit on it.

and ps. i dont care at all what other people think of me. thats fairly obvious with what i drive around in now and what my nova looks like lol the S8 comment was basicaly just to say that imo i am a bit small for something that big :)

skidmarkz
19-04-09, 12:49 PM
mate im 6ft2 and 17 stone, and i like small cars....

what bout a 4dr skyline? or a stagea rs260? <--my family car when i get older...

im 6'3 16stone, i got a 3 door nova lol lol only cos it stupid fast and bright orange haha :)

oh the E30, its a nice looking example, in this climate your gonna get raped on price id hide it away, you will regret it like most people do when they shift there nova....

L33 LEG
19-04-09, 12:53 PM
i think that if i dont sell it im going to get a cover for it and leave it on my drive and then sometime during the summer im going to convert my room next to my garage into a garage again and store it in there and make it MINT. and then whenever i need the money il sell it and hopefully by then itl be worth a lot of money.

but if i sell it, il replace it with another random car and enjoy that.

either way im not too bothered.

bmw156
19-04-09, 12:59 PM
i was having this debate with a mate recnetly about being different. and was saying it takes ALOT to be different now. so what if you have seen a few other the same as yours. yours was not the only one produced:)

and just because you have seen them doesnt mean the 20k + in your town has. im sure people still look at your car and go wow thats nice or what ever.

do you like the car? if so keep it and enjoy it

L33 LEG
19-04-09, 01:03 PM
ye i totally agree with what you're saying. just annoyed me a little bit knowing that theres a few in the town. serves me right for living in an asain populated town though.

thats not the reason for me selling it. iv been thinking about it for months, but this is the first time iv actually done something about it.

L14MNP
20-04-09, 12:21 PM
kpgc10 and a loan lol

Then I will actuallly murder you for the V5 and keys :)

Jim Mcrae
20-04-09, 12:48 PM
A lad round here has a nova just the same as my first car apart from the colour, both GTE reps, same alloys makes me sad everytime i see it.

Tidy Max
20-04-09, 01:05 PM
... move out of blackburn lol

Jack
20-04-09, 01:16 PM
Fcuk a lancia, that will break no matter how much you spend on it. Same goes for a rex, especially if you buy one at the £4k range of the market.

How about an ST205? £4k would get you a decent import, and they're not exactly common. Far less so than Imprezas or Evos, which is why I like mine.

Mitsubishi GTO's are nice, but a bit fat. Again, £4k is a bit on the cheap side for them though I suppose, and they eat money. Hrmm.

Matt2107
20-04-09, 01:19 PM
Just drive it yah numpty.
You own the car because you like it.

Who care if there's similar cars around... make sure your's stands out by keeping it immaculate.

L33 LEG
20-04-09, 03:22 PM
lol @ move out of blackburn, that would help.

GTO's are really nice inside but theyre just fat looking and cheap imo, id much prefer an 8 series if i was to get something like that.

whats an ST205? cant recall what they are.

and dont worry, im not getting a delta.

iv been driving the 30 around today with the roof and its boiling. i do love the car, EVERYBODY looks at it. either give u alot of respect or laugh, but thats the joy of it. i drove past where that other one lives and it is very clean. but i suppose mine is different cos im a little white boy lol

Lee H
20-04-09, 03:42 PM
St205 is a Celica GT4. Wouldn't bother personally, far quicker 4wd japs available for the same money plus it has same engine as the MR2 you sold recently.

L33 LEG
20-04-09, 03:43 PM
thought it might of been a celica. hate them sorry lol

L14MNP
20-04-09, 03:48 PM
323 Gtr

Lee H
20-04-09, 03:58 PM
thought it might of been a celica. hate them sorry lol

Same here, trying to find one to use as a donor for an engine for my mk1 mr2!

L33 LEG
20-04-09, 04:01 PM
ye you need to fix that thing up. theres plenty of mk2 mr2s being broke and are smashed up, maybe try buy one of them and put it in?

Lee H
20-04-09, 04:07 PM
Problem is I want a turbo if I'm going to the hassle of converting it and most mr2's I can find are uk non turbos. Spoke to a few people about buying turbo engines and they make a C20LET look good value for money!

L33 LEG
20-04-09, 04:09 PM
when my mate owned my old mr2. the engine was fcuked so he put another turbo lump in. he bought a full car, put the engine in and then stripped the rest and sold it on. in the end it basically cost him nothing lol you've just got to look around i suppose for a bargain.

Lee H
20-04-09, 04:14 PM
I know, problem is as soon as they end up on eBay or imoc the prices rocket. Would even buy one with engine problems if I had to. Hopefully something will turn up cheap at some point. Practically had to give my celica gt4 away a few years ago, how times change!

Dar
20-04-09, 04:24 PM
I have found the perfect car for you. No one else will have one around your area, so you will be 'special'
http://home.arcor.de/zoxed/photos/images/bikes/c5/c5_side_l.jpg
Or you could stop wanting to be 'special' and drive the car you already have. Unless you sell it.

Tidy Max
20-04-09, 04:26 PM
well you are right dar, that gentleman certainly looks special!

he also looks like he fancies some special man sauce too....

Dar
20-04-09, 04:36 PM
Your right Tidy Max, I think maybe the C5 is just a little too special.
How about a White Yaris?

L33 LEG
20-04-09, 04:37 PM
well good luck then lee :)

and yes dar, thats exactly what i want :wtf:

Tidy Max
20-04-09, 05:16 PM
haahhahahahhaahahaha, odd that im sure ive seen a white yaris with your reg plate alre..... ill stop it mate :) i know the anguish that whole episode caused!