PDA

View Full Version : Are all 1600 8v bottom ends the same?

Stanley
18-04-09, 11:04 AM
As above really?

Looking to swap a knocking E16SE for a hopefully non-knocking one.

Pistol Pete
18-04-09, 12:58 PM
I'm sure the cambelt set up is different, so i would say they are not the same.

chimp007_uk
18-04-09, 01:02 PM
And doesn't the gsi have a crank sensor?

Stanley
18-04-09, 02:35 PM
And doesn't the gsi have a crank sensor?

Ahh now that could cause an issue...

Is there a way to get round this if i was to pick up a C16SE?

craig green
18-04-09, 09:46 PM
I may be wrong but the crank sensors bolt to a lug on the oil pump body.

I have found that the belt & tensioner setups can vary even between E16's but just simply swap to the same pump & tensioner, no of teeth on the belt to run it. All pulleys & teeth profiles are same.

Stanley
19-04-09, 12:00 AM
I may be wrong but the crank sensors bolt to a lug on the oil pump body.

I have found that the belt & tensioner setups can vary even between E16's but just simply swap to the same pump & tensioner, no of teeth on the belt to run it. All pulleys & teeth profiles are same.

Thank you sir!:thumb:

So basically if i swap pretty much every ancilliary onto the C16SE, i should be reet?

Dirtydog1
19-04-09, 12:46 AM
the parts are all interchangeable, if you bottom end is nocking get a crank from another block and just swap it over!leave the pistons in place, unbolt the big ends and the journals and swap her over!(change the bearings)

genrally the e16's dont have cambelt tensioners, they are tensioned by the water pump only. but the heads etc all fit the same. and you can just get the shorter cambelt if you want to run tensioner less. :)

ps if you go for a block change and it doesnt have a tensioner, you cant bolt one too it as there is no hole or lug for it to bolt on to, but as i said above you can just get the shorter belt and run tensioner less! far more simple!

hope that makes sense lol