PDA

View Full Version : not a nova-cav handbrake

Asa-James
18-04-09, 09:28 AM
mk3 cav with rear drums, the adjusters inside the drums appear to be pants, every time i get it spot on, give it two days and the handbrake will be back to the top of its travel and the damn thing wont hold on a slight incline. any common problems with these? my dads cav has never had this problem, so its just damn annoying. i'm going to have another play today and see if swapping the adjusters inside the drums over will do anything (look like theyve had shoes in the last 12 months-weather they've been put in wrong?) any pointers would be appreciated

oh, and they are new cables (thanks to a mate who like snapping them...) and the adjuster on the rear beam is currently adjusted fully...

Asa-James
18-04-09, 12:59 PM
sorted- one of the circlips that holds the cable into the back of the drum had brokend and made a bid for freedom (cue mad search through old nova bits for sturdy circlip!)

i think i may have slightly over adjusted it now tho, i took for a quick spin up the bypass, pulled up at the traffic lights and had a small amount of smoke coming from the osr drum... whoops!