PDA

View Full Version : speed bumps

shanehandley
20-01-03, 12:37 PM
im thinkin bout lowering my car but dont no how much by 30mm or 60mm.i want it to be 60mm but im worried about gettin over the speed bumps. id be greatful of any advice.

cheers

shane

Will
20-01-03, 12:49 PM
just drive over slow, shud only be a real issue if u got a spiltter and 60mm neway and thats on big bumps :) go 60mm

mikeoxford
20-01-03, 12:50 PM
round ur area its terrible as there quite a few schools

i have a 1.2 kit, which is considerably lower as its on a 1.4 sr and it seems to look well aggressivley low and looks lower than most models on 60 kits

anyway

with a mk2 bumper and laguna splitter, i clip two of the spped humps round here - but nothing drastic, one is a sqaure one where ur wheels go either side, the other is a big sleep policeman type - but theyve both been built irregulary and all over the place so i wouldnt worry about it?

Alex
20-01-03, 12:56 PM
mines lowered 60mm and has an ibiza splitter on it. I can get over 95% of speed bumps if i go slow. It great for causing traffic jams + when police want to follow you. they get pissed off going so slow :D

James B
25-01-03, 01:30 PM
i haven't lowered my car ... YET! -60mm springs coming from anton when he decides to take them off :roll: lol!

i have ibiza splitter on mine which is painted white along with front bumper and im forever having to re-spray the bugger coz it catches on pretty much ALL the speedbumps round here. must be just higher i spose lol! so im in two minds about it for when i lower it -

1. take splitter off
2. sand it back to black

im thinking the second, if its sanded back to black then u wont be able to tell when i scrape it i spose

James

ade
25-01-03, 06:54 PM
I lowered my 1.2 (now 1.4) 60mm of gmaz springs and shocks (?200) - handles v well and looks well smart. I added front near anti roll bars for extra stiffness.

I also had a front gsi bumper and seat ibiza gte front splitter - about 2" off the ground now - however as long as you take it easy over ramps etc youre fine. Only prob I had was getting on/off of the mot testing ramp. Also get a lovely grinding noise when you go down NCP multi-storey car parks.

When going over speed bumps, take em at angles - works