PDA

View Full Version : What does all this mean??

mowgli
17-04-09, 08:46 PM
this is off the plate next to the chassis no. plate.

I am curious cos my local motor factor wants the numbers to try and match some bumper paint. the chassis plate says color E547, I'm sure 79L is the paint code, what does the rest mean????

EE7162 S F08 2R LP5 - - -
4550826 79L - - - CD1
W8E T39 L - - -
- - - - - - - - - T6C - - - XN8
- - - - - - XQ2 - - - W8X 51
W9D EB U3 - - - - - -

AlexW
17-04-09, 09:05 PM
Trim stuff and model stuff (not sure what bits it is though)

Not realy help ful :tard:

mowgli
17-04-09, 09:08 PM
apparently it contains the secret to correct bumper paint colour.I will post up the outcome.....

Novasport
17-04-09, 09:38 PM
Its the build codes for the factory as far as I remember.

Spudly
17-04-09, 10:42 PM
Yeah its build codes, line it went on, trim level and colour and that stuff.

Or at least it is on renaults so im gonna guess that its the same on other manufacturers!

mikey14sr
18-04-09, 06:43 PM
Yep build codes, EPC can decipher some of them, and I'm sure there used to be a list of what they all meant somewhere 7/8 years ago, but from memory one denotes that a radio was to be fitted (xn8 iirc), one denotes "for vauxhall" (w9d?) and so on.

Edit, E547 is the opel colour code, 79L is the vauxhall one, they're both flame red (pink).

mowgli
19-04-09, 01:25 PM
Yep build codes, EPC can decipher some of them, and I'm sure there used to be a list of what they all meant somewhere 7/8 years ago, but from memory one denotes that a radio was to be fitted (xn8 iirc), one denotes "for vauxhall" (w9d?) and so on.

Edit, E547 is the opel colour code, 79L is the vauxhall one, they're both flame red (pink).

yup. I know its flame pink

when the real bloke at the motor factors who actually does the paint mixing, had a look, as opposed to the lad who told me to get the info, he said that it wasn't going to give him any more info on the colours... but I am dropping some bits of trim into him so he can match them up.. I have a '83 mk1 trim, a blue grey one, and whatever my '90 mk1 has, (it doesn't look bluegrey) so I am keeping my fingers crossed......

Graeme
19-04-09, 01:33 PM
The 79L bit means its originally was painted Vauxhall Flame Pink (Red if your lucky)

I didn't read the above post sorry

Benn
19-04-09, 02:02 PM
Build code, trim colours, paint colour, where it was made iirc.

Bumper colour (grey) is the same on all nova bumpesr so i dont beileve thats on there.

mowgli
19-04-09, 02:10 PM
Build code, trim colours, paint colour, where it was made iirc.

Bumper colour (grey) is the same on all nova bumpesr so i dont beileve thats on there.

mk1 sr novas had 2 different colours, then there are the gte versions, which are painted........

I will find out soon enough