PDA

View Full Version : C20xe idle too high

spiceypud
17-04-09, 08:28 PM
After some advice...

Jut fit my re-built xe into a corsa B and got it all wired and plumbed in. Started it up and it ran fine after the lifters had filled with oil, the idle sorted itself out after the choke came off and it idled about 800rpm "ish". Left it ticking over to bleed up the cooling system etc and it stayed fine through all this.I took off the throttle body to sort something out and then when i built it up and fired it up its idling at about 1200rpm then works its way up to 1600 as it gets to temperature. I didnt alter anything on the throttle body that i can recall. The idle control valve is still plugged in the mass air flow is plugged in. There is no air leaks that i can see before the MAF. Iv had the throttle body off about 485903 times to mess about anf fiddle with this and that to try and sort it out but its just idling the same.
Anyone else had the same problem? anyone got any ideas on what to do as im now stumped :(.
cheers

ck
17-04-09, 10:05 PM
make sure you havent missed a split hose as one could have split when you had it off last? have you reset the ecu since taking the throttle body off?

novaguy08
17-04-09, 10:17 PM
indeed give the vacuum hoses a spray with carb cleaner see if there is any leaks. i rekon that the hose to the ICV is to fault there!
or the ICV itself might be at fault i know i know what you said but its possible you might have damaged it whilst moving something about

spiceypud
18-04-09, 01:34 AM
Someone else told me there could be a split pipe so im gonna have a little inspection tommorrow. And my mate runs a nova xe so im gonna rob his idle control valve and see if it solves my problem.

Also forgot to add that its overheating. My fan isnt wired in at the moment but its not on the road so theres no worry, but the temp gauge on my digi dash reads half and its bubbling and hissing and pissing out the header tank? tried a different temp sensor and its doing the same. Is the other sensor in the thermo housing a temp sender? Might try changing that tomorrow

craig green
18-04-09, 08:35 PM
Just fire it up & spray some carb/brake cleaner around the inlet & TB. You will hear if there is a leak.

Seeing as it was fine before you took the TB off, clearly that IS the case.