PDA

View Full Version : electrics of dash due to wires being cut

ali
20-01-03, 11:55 AM
Hi there
My car was broken into a couple of days ago and the cd system was pinched. Instead of unclippin the wires, they decided to cut them and now ive noticed that me electrics on the normal dash dont work(the hand brake park light dont work, the battery light dont work etc). Also after a while of driving the batterey light comes on.
If you know how i can sort this out, please let me know, as its preventing me from selling the nova.
Cheers for your hwlp
Ali

mikeoxford
20-01-03, 12:02 PM
they may have created s hort whilst snipping through a load of wires

check the fuses and then the bulbs

as for battery etc thats just cos its low i wud of thort, did they leave anything on like interior light or has you alarm been going off for ages?

burgessovsalford
20-01-03, 12:02 PM
Sounds simple but, check your fuses. when they cut the wires they might of blown a fuse...

burgessovsalford
20-01-03, 02:33 PM
Jinks! posted the reply same time as me lol!

mikeoxford
20-01-03, 02:34 PM
:lol:

neiloakley
20-01-03, 04:07 PM
BEFORE you check and replace the fuses, tape up all the wires they cut as if you replace a blown fuse, it will prob just blow again when it shorts out.

ali
20-01-03, 09:20 PM
Cheers for the replys
Yea it was only a fuse, thank god.
All i gotta do now is sort out the drivers lock, so if you got a spare one that i could have let me know?
cheers

ade
21-01-03, 01:59 PM
ali - try a local scrappy - ?10 tops for new locks.

Alternatively try vauxhall but I know a barrel for a door will set you back ?25 + you will have 2 keys - one for door and one for ignition