PDA

View Full Version : Sqeeky Nova Disease Help!!!

Jamie D
17-04-09, 01:36 PM
I have owned two novas now and both of them have been stripped out, in doing so they develop a sqeeky disease located somewere at the rear of the car :D im sick to death of the sqeek :tard: I just want to hear the xe rasp LOL has anyone solved the sqeek problem if so please inform me of the solution THANK YOU :thumb:

Pistol Pete
17-04-09, 01:40 PM
Bush/spring worn?

Jamie D
17-04-09, 01:46 PM
hmm mabe Pete, im buying a full suspention setup soon so we shall see :D it really is getting on my nerves now :(

Pistol Pete
17-04-09, 01:47 PM
Turn the stereo up lol

L14MNP
17-04-09, 01:51 PM
Silicone spray on your bushes

Jamie D
17-04-09, 01:57 PM
haha i would if i could pete but i cant look lmao lol
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j182/JamieD_Photos/SP_A0294.jpg

might be buying a gsi dash off mike though soon :D will spray the bushes n see what happens :thumb:

Sloth
17-04-09, 02:01 PM
your not going fast enough.........

Southie
17-04-09, 02:03 PM
How old is the boot rubber. Could be not sealing properly.

Earplugs FTW :D

sparkie1401
17-04-09, 02:07 PM
i have loads of ear plugs, get them free from work

Jamie D
17-04-09, 06:08 PM
hmm all the rubbers look new novabike and i do drive a bit slow Sloth, unless im on the national speedlimits roads ect and then i dont seem to hear the sqeeks lol so your theory is right..if all else fails i will be buying some ear plugs off you sparkie :thumb:

Bubba
17-04-09, 06:10 PM
louder exhaust should drown it out

gunny
17-04-09, 06:15 PM
louder exhaust should drown it out

without a doubt, my exhuast drowned out everything (anyone remember the RR day last year? lol) great when it was stripped out, all the noises and problems just vanished :cool:

Rich
17-04-09, 06:32 PM
ipod :)

Thats my plan for a sound system when my turbos finished lol

Southie
17-04-09, 06:36 PM
ipod :)

Thats my plan for a sound system when my turbos finished lol
Thing is he's no stereo to connect it to lol

If you get pulled for having 2 headphones in then you will get shafted by the 5 o!

Spudly
17-04-09, 06:37 PM
If you get pulled for having 2 headphones in then you will get shafted by the 5 o!

What on earth have you been sniffing you plum, thats the funniest thing ive ever read lol

Sloth
17-04-09, 06:42 PM
btw lad, thats a tasty nova ya got there.. any more pics?

Southie
17-04-09, 06:43 PM
What on earth have you been sniffing you plum, thats the funniest thing ive ever read lol
Right you lemon curd tart lol basically how else would gunny use a iPod if he has no car stereo in lol iPods don't give enough volume out on there own to drown out any rattles.

Spudly
17-04-09, 06:46 PM
Right you lemon curd tart lol basically how else would gunny use a iPod if he has no car stereo in lol iPods don't give enough volume out on there own to drown out any rattles.

Yes you ya black forest gateux, i understand this one but why would you get done for having a pair of headfones (i.e. listening to music) whilst driving?

Sloth
17-04-09, 06:48 PM
as you cant hear sirens you trifle.....

Spudly
17-04-09, 06:50 PM
But with a massive ice install/other passegers/kids/parents you can, have a think about what you write before you write it you twit lol

Sloth
17-04-09, 06:56 PM
im not kiddin mate, i got cautioned for it. i had my walkman on in me 106 as i was too skint to get a stereo, and i got tugged and told that/\ reason. so shush you tiramisu...

Jamie D
17-04-09, 06:59 PM
thanks sloth shes a beautie mate :) lmao i will hopefully have some sort of music soon when i get a dash in :D its going in for a powerflow exhaust tomorrow just from the gsi manifold to the 4" backbox so i shall take some more pics. Basicly the exhaust is a reight bodge up it has a 1.2 mid section and its all welded very badly, also has the o2 sensor on the manifold. my engine has the coscast head, its the older gte engine i think so im guessing the sensor has no use, it isnt connected up anyway :roll:

Spudly
17-04-09, 06:59 PM
Utter tosh, if a copper tried to do me for that id tell them to GTF lol

And i have used my fone earphones before as my dash speakers no worky so no point fitting my parrot into the nova, i was using it as a handsfree!

Sloth
17-04-09, 07:03 PM
as a 17 y/o yoof, you dont argue with pigs. jamie, pics of the powerflow dude, so i have an idea what to make for my next un.... ta

Jamie D
17-04-09, 07:03 PM
hmm your allowed to drive if you are death mabe thats a differant story though HAHA lol

Jamie D
17-04-09, 07:08 PM
no problem sloth plenty of pics will be taken :thumb: might even put my leopard skin G string on and get some of the machanics to take some pics of me swinging on the rollcage :wtf: lol

Sloth
17-04-09, 07:11 PM
whooooo your gonna fit right in here, jack and pete and lee will love ya hahahhahaa!

tom_beverley
17-04-09, 07:15 PM
without a doubt, my exhuast drowned out everything (anyone remember the RR day last year? lol) great when it was stripped out, all the noises and problems just vanished :cool:

I do lol

My money is on the rear bushes squeeking away, made worse by the noise echoing through the empty interior...

Jamie D
17-04-09, 07:18 PM
hahaha sweeeeeet going to go give my car a wash b4 the sun goes down. got to have her looking her best for tomorrows powerflow photoshoot :D

mowgli
17-04-09, 07:29 PM
I always thought it was the hatch moving around, but the rear damper bushes would also make some noise...

scott.parker
17-04-09, 08:29 PM
Cant be arsed to read the replies! lol

But do you have a rear brace fitted? if so is it onto the top of the shocks? if not it might be the little rubber bushes that go under the small plates to the rear shocks, as mine use to squeak there!

Scott

Rexy
17-04-09, 08:47 PM
its marvin the mouse, he lives in the back of your nova. Hes trying to tell you to stop driving like a nonce and get one with it :P

dj_wudgey
18-04-09, 12:43 AM
its marvin the mouse, he lives in the back of your nova. Hes trying to tell you to stop driving like a nonce and get one with it :P

pmsl

blue_peg_16v
18-04-09, 09:48 AM
its one of the pit falls of owning a nova they all squeek and rattle like feck

dj_wudgey
18-04-09, 11:05 AM
mines not too bad some times my harnesses rattle if the passenger side has been left undone but i always fasten them and tighten them up for i drive off so its ok lol!!

bolton
18-04-09, 01:17 PM
jamie its old milkybar buttons rolling around in spare wheel well! hahahahaha