PDA

View Full Version : Lowering the compression

neiloakley
20-01-03, 08:45 AM
Whats the best way to lower compression and whats the cheapest?

Machine pistons?
New L/C Pistons?
Head Spacer?

How thick does the head spacer need to be? Do you then need two gaskets and longer bolts? Where can i get these bits from?

mikeoxford
20-01-03, 08:49 AM
perhaps speak to the guys running 8v turbos?

i think they have VERY thick cork caskets could be rong tho

neiloakley
20-01-03, 08:52 AM
i have an 8v 2.0. And the whole turbo set up. Just need a twin feed oil pump and lower compression.

neiloakley
20-01-03, 04:14 PM
anyone know where i can get ones of the head spacers froms??????

porky
20-01-03, 06:47 PM
I've heard that you can use 2 genuin vauxhall head gaskets, if not try Regal.

For the oil pick up, could you not use the oil cooler pipes and do away with the cooler. The oil-cooler just bolts on to where the oil-filter goes, if you haven't got an oil-cooler already. :idea:

neiloakley
21-01-03, 08:15 AM
i could use a sandwich plate but that means i'm putting oil into my turbo thats already above 100 degrees. Trying to cool the turbo down. I want it straight out of the sump so it's at high pressure and cool.

Anyone got a contact number for regal?

Rane
21-01-03, 09:58 AM
Hallo Neiloakley
on my c16se turbo I have 2 head gasket and a metal plate in beetwen the gaskets the metal plate are abut 1mm thick
my boost is 1,0 bar or 13,5psi
and it is the cheapest vay
but the best vay i the L/C Pistons
you dont need longer bolts
and you can make the metal gasket by your self by drawing after the headgasket down on the metal and then cut it out and you got it
Rane from Denmark

neiloakley
21-01-03, 10:00 AM
do you know how much is lowered your compression by? Will a 1mm plate be sufficient for a 20seh engine?

jim sri
21-01-03, 03:27 PM
neil, how have you got away with mounting the oil-cooler pipes?im having to order a part from vaux to do away with the oil cooler after one of the pipes got split! :cry:

neiloakley
23-01-03, 01:39 PM
i dont have an oil cooler. Dont think it's worth it yet. Got one to go on when i get the turbo system working. If you have an oil cooler, and want to take it off, just unscre the oil filter, take off the sandwich plate and there will be a tube about 5-8mm across sticking out with a thread on the outside of it. Unscrew that and then you can just screw an oil filter back on. (you will need a new oil filter as you'll fuck the other one getting it off!!!)

Rane
25-01-03, 12:46 AM
hey Neil
I dont now my compression now but it is low enoght yes I think 1 mm is god for the 2,0seh standart compression 9,5:1
Rane From Denmark