PDA

View Full Version : More Power

new_nova
16-04-09, 11:13 PM
Straight forward question.

How could i get more power (without spending a bomb) reason is i have arranged a 2l, 16v engine, with the 5speed gearbox etc etc but i wont be getting it for some time... so in the meantime i want to give my car a little more ooomph. any ideas?

thanks in advance

Asa-James
17-04-09, 12:02 AM
would be handy to know what you have at the minute...

draper
17-04-09, 12:12 AM
strip it out
upgrade the brakes/suspension
find a CR gearbox

it all depends on what you have already engine wise and what you want out of the car

Jack
17-04-09, 08:17 AM
More power doesn't necessarily mean more speed. As per damper's suggestion, strippage, brakes, tyres and suspension are probably the cheapest way to be faster without spending loads of money.

......or just N2O the fcuker to death. Who cares if you blow it up if you're about to replace it :D

Ernie
17-04-09, 08:30 AM
Have a big poo..

novaguy08
17-04-09, 10:22 AM
that your top tip earnie? lol
knowing which engine is in there ATM is good to know when answering this, but tbh without spending a bomb your not going to get much of a difference

hc coupe
17-04-09, 10:36 AM
I would always do a good oil,filter,plug ect... change before trying to up the ponies !! Much rather spend my money on that than a K&N kit ect ...IMO

Pistol Pete
17-04-09, 10:42 AM
Straight forward question...but lacking in one piece of vital info!!!

1.2, IMO dont bother. TBH hc coupe's suggestion isnt a bad one. Its surprising how well some engines respond to a good service!