PDA

View Full Version : NON START C20XE cr*p

ST-eater
16-04-09, 09:11 PM
Hi all... having problems with my c20xe nova project. Its in, wired up, cranks and has ran two or 3 times... when running its faultless, its just trying to get the damn thing to run.
The battery is fine, and there is fuel in the rail, yet i cant seem to get a spark. I did have one but its slowly died out to nothing,... even though i have kept the battery charged at around 13v.

I have replaced the dizzy cap, dizzy rotor arm, themostat(needed to be replaced), Temp sensor, and temp sender,

Ive tested the crank sensor by hooking up an LED into two of the terminals (the two that arn't earth) and the led flashes showing it is pulsing a signal, hence i believe it to be working.

as below
Pic2 = C20 XE Motronic 2.5 HES (or cmp sensor) multiplug.

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc137/andy20008/c20xecmpm25.jpg

I have also tested the coil wiring, and i am getting 12v and earth in the 4 pin connector.

Using a multimeter to measure the resistance of the ignition coil i can measure 7.2 ohm across the secondary coil which is in value with the haynes manual which is fine(7.2-8.2ohm) , yet the primary winding should be 0.2 to 0.34 ohms yet i am getting 0.1 ohm if im lucky, and 0.00 ohms most of the time, could this be the problem.

Also is there any way of checking the electrical thing thats bolted onto the bracket?

auzzy-b
16-04-09, 11:06 PM
The fuel pump is obviously working then if theres fuel in the rail.. have you checked all the plugs are sparking? also check the engine,gearbox and alternator are all well earthed:)

AlexW
17-04-09, 01:22 AM
The "electrical thing mounted to the bracket" is the Ign modual.

Youve made so many new threads im confused, i thought it was running fine? but took a while to start?

ST-eater
17-04-09, 01:56 AM
The fuel pump is obviously working then if theres fuel in the rail.. have you checked all the plugs are sparking? also check the engine,gearbox and alternator are all well earthed:)

The engine and box have a great earth when testing the resistance, but will triple check tomorrow...

ST-eater
17-04-09, 01:58 AM
The "electrical thing mounted to the bracket" is the Ign modual.

Youve made so many new threads im confused, i thought it was running fine? but took a while to start?

Its a cleaned up thread as the last one was going all over the place and i was having no responce.
It runs fine when it starts, but really refuses to start... cant have a car that takes 30 mins to get going everytime i stop lol, plus now its lost spark... just after other members experience and ideas :)