PDA

View Full Version : 1.4 Sr head on and 1.4 Sri block

General Lee
16-04-09, 05:02 PM
Hi,

Firstly do they fit together, If so is there a lot work involved in doing this? Basically i have just brought an sri engine and i want to run it on a carb and i have a spare 1.4 sr head and gubbins to basically get it running and i want to know if they will all fit together without major work.

Cheers
Nath

ck
16-04-09, 05:55 PM
yes it will work but the 1.4 carb head has the worst ports out of all the small block 8v engines.

best bet would be to keep the SRI head (round ports and huge valves = best flowing std head) and use the MPI setup or get a proper round port inlet manifold for which ever carb you want to use..

there wouldnt really be any point as the bottom ends are basicly the same you may aswell use the whole 14sr engine and save the sri engine to make proper use of it at a later date..

General Lee
16-04-09, 06:15 PM
yes it will work but the 1.4 carb head has the worst ports out of all the small block 8v engines.

best bet would be to keep the SRI head (round ports and huge valves = best flowing std head) and use the MPI setup or get a proper round port inlet manifold for which ever carb you want to use..

there wouldnt really be any point as the bottom ends are basicly the same you may aswell use the whole 14sr engine and save the sri engine to make proper use of it at a later date..

o rite no sorry i only have a 1.4 sr head i haven't got the whole sr engine, so i need the bottom end of the sri anyway, and i was going to put the sri head on at a later date when i have found all the right parts i.e manifold and a good set of t 40's, but for now it's just to replace my 1.2, for something with a bit more umph. But i will be putting the sri head on later. Cheers For letting me know they can be matched

jimbob-mcgrew
17-04-09, 02:53 AM
ghwaan nath, carb her up :thumb:

if u wanna go mental, stick your 1.2 head on the 1.4 block and source a 1.3 sr inlet so u can run the twin choke carb, with a decent exhaust manifold and the 1.4 cam, would kick out as much as a 1.6.
engine prob melt after 3 months tho.

when its done, see how fast u can boot it down the winding exit ramp of the oracle car park, dont go too fast and stack it lol

General Lee
17-04-09, 07:59 AM

if u wanna go mental, stick your 1.2 head on the 1.4 block and source a 1.3 sr inlet so u can run the twin choke carb, with a decent exhaust manifold and the 1.4 cam, would kick out as much as a 1.6.

when its done, see how fast u can boot it down the winding exit ramp of the oracle car park, dont go too fast and stack it lol

lol lol

Is that speaking from personal experience

mikey14sr
17-04-09, 11:28 AM

Almost what I had (32/34 and piper285 cam on top of that), if you can get the timing to a happy balance between pinking and detonation (the compression ratio will be a bit on the high side with the 1.2 head) it'll go quite well.

Otherwise get a T40 inlet for a GTE/GSi (same port shape) and leave the SRi head on.

General Lee
17-04-09, 02:24 PM
I think thats the way to go for me t 40 and sri head. Because i want it to be slightly reliable