PDA

View Full Version : Advice needed please

boyle_46
16-04-09, 01:03 PM
Im due to pick up a set of nova doors for my car off a MK1 but the fella who owns the nova is in a hurry to get rid of the shell , could someone tell me the current price that a nova shell would get at a scrap metal merchants

im planning on buying the car off him , the shell is mint it was bought to use as a track car but the fella who owned it had givin up and left the car in a garage for around 8 years , the car had been sorned and then declared scrapped I am wondering if the shell could be re registered as my friend freddie has bought a nova sport logg book and chassis numbers and was wondering if it could be used as a donar for his sport ? ? ?

thanks for any help Nath .

Sloth
16-04-09, 01:06 PM
yes but its a bit bent tbh, pm me for more details..

amggsi
16-04-09, 01:07 PM
It can be if you replace the chassis number down beside the seat rail with the Sport one. Not stricly legal though, but happens quite a bit, especially with RS Fords!!!

AlexW
16-04-09, 01:07 PM
Dave (Xxx_Nova_XXX Or whatever) re-registered his nova.

boyle_46
16-04-09, 01:11 PM
ahh thanks , as it would be a shame to scrap this shell it is in very good condition theres only 34 k on the shell .

MK999
16-04-09, 01:53 PM
afaik you can just reapply for the log book, will need a VIC check though. Not 100% but fairly sure this is what I've read on here before.

Jack
16-04-09, 02:12 PM
As confirmed by a user on Practical Classics forums (as you can imagine, these guys contend with this stuff all the time) who contacted the DVLA about this.

Contact the DVLA. You will need to get the car roadworthy, then have it inspected by them.

They will either give the car a new appropriately-dated registration plate, or (if you have enough evidence to prove that car belongs to a particular reg plate, i.e. by linking the reg to the chassis number) they will release the V5 and remove the scrap marker.

They won't let you re-register the car as the sport. However, you could put the Sport tags onto the new shell, effectively reshelling it - theoretically, if the original shell has been disposed of and nothing is duplicated, this isn't illegal as you're just reshelling the car with all matching tags intact. If the Sport is logged as scrapped though, you'd still need DVLA to inspect it as above.

novarally
16-04-09, 02:30 PM
Im could someone tell me the current price that a nova shell would get at a scrap metal merchants

About £50 if it's got suspension and axles on it.