PDA

View Full Version : 2ltr conversion

brake-dust
16-04-09, 12:10 PM
hi guys,

cant remember if ive introduced myself, Im john, im 18 and drive a 1.2 nova expression, i plan next year to introduce it to a 2ltr turbo 16v calibra engine, can any one tell me everything i need? i.e what gear box etc? what about the loom? im fairly new to the world of nova's but im very machanically minded although i cant spell it lol also i woant to perk up the 1.2i motor for the time being, now the carb models have 10bhp more so can i just stick the carb and manifold on as these are only single point injection? also would putting a 1.4 cam shaft in make a difference?

thanks
john

Spudly
16-04-09, 12:19 PM
Have a search around, there is a guide in the articles section and this has been covered over many times in various threads........

Search function top right will help you and all the info you need is on here somewhere:thumb:

Jack
16-04-09, 12:22 PM
Also bear in mind insurance, 19 is really the minimum age for a modified car insurance-wise so jumping right in with a 200bhp LET powered Nova will no doubt be rather expensive

brake-dust
16-04-09, 01:52 PM
i will be at least 19 before i get round to doing it so should be ok, thanks for the info guys will have a read up.

Tyke182
16-04-09, 03:05 PM
also a good bit of info is dont go with the sfi system alot of people make that mistake but its only a single point injection so if ur wanting more power dont for the sfi mate just a lil tip