PDA

View Full Version : So the BRAWN f1 car is Legal

mowgli
15-04-09, 09:44 PM
Messrs Ferrari, Mclaren, RedBull, Renault etc are now in a bad mood, cos they built slow cars

discuss

bmw156
15-04-09, 09:45 PM
i missed the argument, what was the "problem" with the brawn car?

John
15-04-09, 09:46 PM
fair play i say!

Joe Richardson
15-04-09, 09:47 PM
Im sick of hearing all this ****e,why can't they all just grow up,and get on with the racing:mad: :mad: :mad:

chimp007_uk
15-04-09, 09:50 PM
I've just applied for loads of junior cfd and model design roles thanks to the legal aero aids :)

Fingers crossed!

mowgli
15-04-09, 09:51 PM
surely when that USGP team gets up & running, legally Bridgestone has to ring you to offer you the old job

mowgli
15-04-09, 09:52 PM
i missed the argument, what was the "problem" with the brawn car?

the main problem was with the front of the car, none of the other teams actually saw it, all they ever saw was the 4rse end disappearing up the track

Benn
15-04-09, 09:55 PM
If they are not winning they are moaning and saying its unfairt and some one is cheating.

chimp007_uk
15-04-09, 09:55 PM
surely when that USGP team gets up & running, legally Bridgestone has to ring you to offer you the old job

Well... Knowing Bridgestone they do sod all :cry: But I was told that I'd get first offer on a job if they take more poeple on in October.

I'm not holding my breathe, I'd only go back if I didnt have a job or wasn;t happy doing the job I was doing etc

chimp007_uk
15-04-09, 09:57 PM
If they are not winning they are moaning and saying its unfairt and some one is cheating.

Bring back the Lotus 88 and the Brabham BT46 :)

Sloth
15-04-09, 10:01 PM
lotus 49 and graham hill, ta.

mowgli
15-04-09, 10:03 PM
Bring back the Lotus 88 and the Brabham BT46 :)

lotus 88 was pure innovation, the brabham fan car was just hilarious, sod the wind tunnel, we'll use a bloody great hoover to suck the car down, an idea that was later used on the mclaren road car........

the best cheaters are the nascar boys....
one team turned up with a new car at one race & nascar didn't have body profiles for it, so they passed it ok. the car was actually 7/8 scale.....
The King, Richard Petty used to use a bigger engine, then finish second cos only the winner had his engine stripped... the King won loads of championships.....

Pistol Pete
15-04-09, 10:04 PM
Hoofunkingray!!! Go JB!!

So glad of the outcome, never really doubted it TBH. Ross Brawn is a clever guy, and i dont think he would intentionally break the rules. It all comes down to interpritation(sp) of the rules. McLaren/Ferrari etc, suck it up...you built a slow car and cant spend/test, test, test your way out of trouble.

JB for WDC and Braawn GP for WCC 2009!!! :cool: I am sorely tempted to go against what i usually say (i refuse to pay the astronomical ticket fees) and go to the british GP.

chimp007_uk
15-04-09, 10:09 PM
the renault laguna's in the BTCC ran an adjustable front splitter that was on adjustable gas dampers so the faster it went he lower it got creating more downforce... They eventually got found out when people asked why it was so badly scuffed and damaged.

go back to the days of group b and nitrous in roll cages... Group a, and variable intakes on the celica :)

Motorsport and tecnology is made better through cheating. Having an advantage over the competition. I'd always get asked what setting other teams were running

chimp007_uk
15-04-09, 10:10 PM
bridgestone are ment to be supplying me with a weekend pass to the british grand prix and a paddock pass

mowgli
15-04-09, 10:13 PM
i will do donington, if it happens (rumours of no money are continuing)

Ross Brawn is the cleverest man in f1....
he learnt his trade at williams, then got mixed up with Tom Walkinshaw, then the whole benetton-schumi thing, where the car was more bent than napalm27's mum's guttering, followed by ferrari.... he pushes rules to their absolute limit..
it will be fascinating to see how he manages with no money later in the season

Bubba
15-04-09, 10:25 PM
early 90s BTCC FTW :D

Pistol Pete
15-04-09, 10:43 PM
i will do donington, if it happens (rumours of no money are continuing)

Hmmmm, i too have seen this on t'interweb....F1 @ Donington will be great! Wasnt too sure at first, but seeing the track designs...:cool:

it will be fascinating to see how he manages with no money later in the season

Surley the input from Richard Branson/Virgin will help? Should have some new sponsors onboard with their recent success aswell IMO.

L14MNP
15-04-09, 10:54 PM
early 90s BTCC FTW :D All 90's BTCC FTMFW

Very glad to hear that about Team BRAWN GP :thumb: Still yet to see any races this season - or for the past eleventy seasons :tard:. However I shall, very pleased to see Button winning after so long! :)

mowgli
15-04-09, 10:59 PM
Hmmmm, i too have seen this on t'interweb....F1 @ Donington will be great! Wasnt too sure at first, but seeing the track designs...:cool:
the craner curves are far too good a set of bends. I will be standing at the bottom of them to see the real drivers

Surley the input from Richard Branson/Virgin will help? Should have some new sponsors onboard with their recent success aswell IMO.

sponsorship is one thing, he won't get any telly money this year because officially it is a new team... I think that by Brazil, if the others catch up, he will be having a hard time..

L14MNP
15-04-09, 11:08 PM
the renault laguna's in the BTCC ran an adjustable front splitter that was on adjustable gas dampers so the faster it went he lower it got creating more downforce... They eventually got found out when people asked why it was so badly scuffed and damaged.
Never knew that mate. Must have just been 1995 was it?

Sloth
15-04-09, 11:15 PM
ta fer the sig mowgli

Dod
15-04-09, 11:21 PM
Grand Prix is finially worth watching again. I r bz happy y0!

Sloth
15-04-09, 11:25 PM
wai no oirish gp dod?

Dod
15-04-09, 11:27 PM
Stop trying to be Irish Sloth, you're not worthy.

No Irish GP cuz we dont really like it. Youtube Rallycross Mondello and see out alternative.

Sloth
15-04-09, 11:32 PM
ive watched the mondello stuff, btw i wasnt being irish, just retarded as per the norm...