PDA

View Full Version : Engine moved! Nova XE

skidmarkz
15-04-09, 03:51 PM
Hey all, some of you know i just got back from the ring, the nova lasted 9 laps :) but lol the engine has moved, any help would be fantastic on whats bent or broken as from a quick glance nothing looks busted.....

The engine has moved IE: Alternator is now nealry rubbing the chassis leg, as before i had at least 10mm gap?

both front mounts look ok, underside is such a wierd shape and i dont have a spare to compare it with ?

Pistol Pete
15-04-09, 03:53 PM
I would be checking ALL mounts. Gearbox mount may have moved? Or the drivers side mount bolt bent/snapped? Get some pics up if you can.

ck
15-04-09, 04:36 PM
engine bay seam welded and strengthened i assume?

maybe some mounts were slightly loose. undo them and see if the engine ewill budge accross.

does it still look straight or is the engine sitting at an angle?

skidmarkz
15-04-09, 04:37 PM
engine bay seam welded and strengthened i assume?

maybe some mounts were slightly loose. undo them and see if the engine ewill budge accross.

does it still look straight or is the engine sitting at an angle?

Seam Welded, Chassis plating Kit, the engine is still level across, its just moved left a tad, i have checked the rear mount and it did seem a little loose, it looks bent does anyone have a pic of a good 1 ?

ck
15-04-09, 04:38 PM
rear mount should be almost perfectly straight with the gearbox mounting surface..

Adam
15-04-09, 08:10 PM
Probably twisted the rear mount

geth_xe
15-04-09, 08:17 PM
Probably twisted the rear mountseconded

Benn
15-04-09, 09:11 PM
Loosen the mounts off and you should be able to move it back again, as said rear mounts prob moved/twised.

Leeboo
15-04-09, 09:46 PM
Maybe a good idea to brace/strengthen your rear gearbag mount before fitting a replacement.

Thats assuming its the culprit.

Steve
15-04-09, 10:27 PM
Just changed my rear mount although my got twisted due to the accident, but if you could post a pic up I could probably tell you if its bent.

Got a pic of my old mount against the new one in my project page if thats any help? ITs on the one before last page.

skidmarkz
16-04-09, 07:50 AM
checked ur pics, and mine is defo twisted, going to get a new 1 then plate it i think, but all in all if thats all that gave in im very happy indeed with my nova :)

skidmarkz
17-04-09, 07:46 PM
New one fitted, i plated and welded the gearbox spacers to the actual bracket for a bit more strength :) alternator now has a healthy gap again, im now going to remove the engine and make my alternator recess even bigger should the engine decide to move that way again it wont stop play :)

Steve
17-04-09, 10:19 PM
Nice one, my rear mount is what caused my alternator to move, it was basically sitting right on the chassis leg. Your alternator recess, is it welded or just bashed in?

skidmarkz
17-04-09, 10:31 PM
i cut out the chassis leg and welded a plate in..