PDA

View Full Version : black to black - c20xe wiring :S

ST-eater
15-04-09, 03:22 PM
Hi all, sorted the wiring last night, and trying to turn the car over today... the car turns over but the fuel doesnt seem to be getting down the car in time by the sounds of it...

Previous cars i have owned seem to kick the fuel pump in on the second ignition click, and then on the third the car fires up and runs. Yet everything seems to happen on the 3rd click, and im thinking that the fuel isn't having enough time to get up to pressure.

There was two black wires off the ignition and im not sure if we have connected it correctly...

Can anyone let me know which black the wiring is supposed to be attatched to or what click on the key it is... (we know where it is on the c20xe loom, its just the nova side we are having problems with).

Also are there any shortcuts to priming the fuel lines? as we have replaced everything as we had the carb nova, and now have the pump and everything at the rear of the car.

Cheers all

burgo
16-04-09, 04:25 AM
so the problem is the fuel pump not priming?? the fuel pump should prime when you turn the ignition on

Jeff16v
24-04-09, 08:13 PM
is a XE not like a LET where the pump only turns on startup?

burgo
24-04-09, 09:56 PM
possibly. i guess it works now tho as hes not replied

vx kev
27-04-09, 07:48 PM
is a XE not like a LET where the pump only turns on startup?

Yip, never had an xe yet that primes on ignition. Pump goes when key is all the way to start it!

Depending on what loom your running it could be the black wire that should be between the injectors and down towards the Coil end, needs an ignition live......