PDA

View Full Version : need to get my bonnet off!!!

Pillar
15-04-09, 03:04 PM
need to get my bonnet off got a new one today and put it on the car after i prepped it, problem is i have closed it down and the bonnet pull does nt seem to be working! any way i can pop it still?? lol

bmw156
15-04-09, 03:05 PM
maybe if you have long arms, get up inside the engine bay from underside??

Jim Mcrae
15-04-09, 03:07 PM
Just pull the cable ****ing hard and it should open

Pillar
15-04-09, 03:07 PM
i havent done the 4 bolts on the bonnet its only closed down. so what do i have to do just leaver the spring about with a flat head till it pops?

nacho mcnova
15-04-09, 03:09 PM
hold the leaver in the car and get sumbody to thump the front of the bonnet and it should pop up.

Jack
15-04-09, 03:09 PM
Just pull the cable ****ing hard and it should open
....or come off the handle lol

Its possible to get to it from underneath but you need to be quite flexible

CoolTiger
15-04-09, 03:17 PM
take the little ball thing off the plastic handle some pliers and pull sounds like ur cable has stretched
or could be ur bonnet out of place since u undone he hhinges keep the cable pulled while getting somebody to move the bonnet about

Pillar
15-04-09, 03:19 PM
hold the leaver in the car and get sumbody to thump the front of the bonnet and it should pop up. it worked thanks :thumb: just gotta try and tighten the cable now..... wheres my haynes manual when i need it? lol

+ rep nacho mcnova

L33 LEG
15-04-09, 03:43 PM
i had to reach over my door on my old one and give it a thump lol

Novaboyleon
15-04-09, 06:18 PM
i have this problem all the time too and now the lever is starting to break, takes 2 people to open the bonnet of a nova unless your really clever like me and wedge something under the lever then walk round and pop it lol