PDA

View Full Version : marangoni zetalinea tyres

nacho mcnova
15-04-09, 02:00 PM
hi peeps i have been offered a set of 195/45/16 marangoni zetalinea tyres just wondering if anyone knows much about them good handling, fast wear, etc? cheers

Pistol Pete
15-04-09, 02:12 PM
Black, round and made of rubber....

google says...http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=marangoni+zeta+linea+195%2F45%2F16&meta=

Not a brand i have ever heard of TBH. On par with Nankang hedge/ditchfinders at a guess lol

Jack
15-04-09, 02:23 PM
Isn't it Maragoni that Dar likes? Or is that Vredenstein...

...Or something completely different and I'm talking more toss than usual lol

mayhem
15-04-09, 02:40 PM
sounds like #23 on the chart of our italian restaurant

nacho mcnova
15-04-09, 02:48 PM
yeah its pernounced maragoni but the real name is marangoni. does anyone any info on them?

CoolTiger
15-04-09, 02:51 PM
sounds like #23 on the chart of our italian restaurant
thats not good:( a tyre made up of left over meat balls

dannyb
16-04-09, 01:43 PM
Isn't it Maragoni that Dar likes? Or is that Vredenstein...

Marangonis aren't particularly great, in a simialr band to Kumhos imo. Vredesteins on the otherhand are pretty good, I have Sportrac 3s on the Audi and they are very good in the wet :D

hc coupe
16-04-09, 01:48 PM
I was looking into them and I did hear a few good reviews (when its dry). However when you go to all the effort of changing suspension ect .. I decided not to skimp on tyres, even if it did have a few choice reviews.

Worth a punt if they are going cheap however, even just to sell on or use and abuse.

Bubba
16-04-09, 03:05 PM
nankangs are **** hot when they are near slick in the hot weather, in the rain, the less said the better

floydy13
16-04-09, 09:04 PM
mongolia's as we refer to them at work are known as shi!e! wont last and are awful in the wet though if there cheap.... personally save your money and buy some goodyear eagle f1 gsd2's, you can still get them in this size, awsome tyre in wet and dry.

MK999
16-04-09, 09:28 PM
nankangs are **** hot when they are near slick in the hot weather, in the rain, the less said the better

Most tyres get better when they are hot and have a massive contact patch lol

let_nova
16-04-09, 09:33 PM
sounds likr the time i went to the tyre place and said "fire something decent on there" came back from the shop and they had fitted a . . . . . .

wait for it

a LINGLONG !!!! LMFAO!

muzzy
16-04-09, 10:36 PM
Ive heard mixed reviews on Marangoni's, never had a set myself though. I think its the same old good in dry ****e in wet

General Baxter
16-04-09, 10:42 PM
a LINGLONG

a what lol

Welshy
16-04-09, 10:51 PM
their midrangers, i used to work as a tyre fitter, how much are they???

sparkie1401
16-04-09, 10:57 PM
ling long look good but are ****, they used to be called stunners or they share the same tread pattern, cheap and dog do

tyres are one of the most important parts of a car, it makes sense to get quality, ive heard ok thing about maragonis, but they are very common

my Xe's got GSD 3 eagle F1 Goodyears which are aewsome, had these on my Evo to but when i changed rims on the Evo they came with Toyo Proxes T1-R which are good but the old T1-S is better but availble in limited sizes now due to the release of the T1-R

Welshy
16-04-09, 11:15 PM
linglongs are cheepest possible tyres apart from partworns.................

sparkie1401
16-04-09, 11:29 PM
linglongs are cheepest possible tyres apart from partworns................. dont forget Chen Changlol although i think they are called Austone now.........and Rosava from the Ukraine they are the pits

Welshy
17-04-09, 12:31 AM
i used to tyer fit and im qualified and i havent even heard of them lol

Bubba
17-04-09, 08:26 AM
i got marshalls :D

Jack
17-04-09, 09:08 AM
a what lol
Exactly what I thought when someone first said about them to me. I thought they were taking the weewee lol

ling long look good but are ****, they used to be called stunners or they share the same tread pattern, cheap and dog do
Lots of cheapo tyres do share the same tread pattern as better tyres as, well, basically they buy the pattern as its cheaper than developing their own (and if they can't buy it, they copy it lol). However, they keep costs down by using chinese recycled condom rubber so the quality tends to be a lot worse.

This is one reason why I like Falkens; they're Japanese NOT Chinese, so the rubber quality is far better than most of the other low/midrange toss. They've also done a lot of work with Goodyear (who, incidentally, have started switching a lot of their tyre manufacturing from American and European plants to Chinese).

Bubba
17-04-09, 09:11 AM
lol do a burn out and splatter ya mates with chineese spunk

Ash
17-04-09, 06:59 PM
who, incidentally, have started switching a lot of their tyre manufacturing from American and European plants to Chinese

Dunno if anyone else noticed but Eagle F1's are still made in W Germany and now also China. Get the german one ;)

floydy13
17-04-09, 08:23 PM
i used to tyer fit and im qualified and i havent even heard of them lol

i have been fitting tyres for 10 years, here is a little list of delicious names they give budget tyres!!!
ling long
yellow sea
cheng shan
durun
flamingo
double star
rosava
regal
tornado
nankang
road stone
nexen
marongoni
event
wanli
fullrun
the list goes on and on!!
would not even cross my mind to put any of these on my car!! ha

Dar
17-04-09, 10:40 PM
I've ran the Zeta Linea tyre on my 6 for over a year now and they are great in the dry. The wet performance is ok but not outstanding (read average). They are also lasting very well.

mikey14sr
18-04-09, 06:58 PM
Add Camac to the list of poo, got four of them on the vectra and they've hardly worn after 2 years 25k, although the sidewalls seem to be made of jelly! I'd put them as adequate in the dry, with just enough grip in the wet for granny driving, vouched for by the fact that if it's wet my tc light is almost always on!

Saloony
18-04-09, 07:03 PM
Camac's are fail of epic amounts.... Sunny's FTW lol

floydy13
18-04-09, 08:15 PM
mmm camacs, tasty crap! i thought of some more today!
wynstar
debica
kormoran
they will never stop giving them funny names!

let_nova
18-04-09, 08:20 PM
runways
city star
........terrible

nacho mcnova
23-04-09, 05:18 PM
just tested the marangonis in the wet......... P!sh!!!! any one wana buy them lol

craig green
23-04-09, 05:20 PM
mmm camacs, tasty crap! i thought of some more today!
wynstar
debica
kormoran
they will never stop giving them funny names!

One of our pool cars at work had Debica's. They used to feel flat all the time, even with 50psi. Awfull shoite IMO.

Don't forget Fate-O's either, another eastern european tyre brand.