PDA

View Full Version : Battery power falling

GTE TURBZ
15-04-09, 10:52 AM
Hi guys, I've changed my alternator and now recently put a new battery in yet occasionally the cars battery power drops making it barely possible to start, before i changed the battery if the power fell i'd rev it hard and then it would go back up and sit just past the half way mark so thus i changed the battery, but even that didnt resolve it. I'm actually suspecting my head unit, will have to disconnect it and try.

Any have an idea or experienced this problem? :thumb:

novaguy08
15-04-09, 10:59 AM
did you fit a new new one?
thats a confusing one, check that your voltmeter is right with...... erm a voltmeter but put this on the battery, watch for the drop in voltage on your in car one and see if the battery does the same

GTE TURBZ
15-04-09, 03:34 PM
if your refering to the alternator then that was a refurbished one.

novaguy08
15-04-09, 04:04 PM
ok most of them in circulation are refurbed ones, but you need to check that the voltmeter in the car is reading correctly before you start condeming the battery and alterator

GTE TURBZ
15-04-09, 04:23 PM
I think the gauge is ok because when its low the car just about starts. I'm gonna try the sterio and then do the volt meter test.

GTE TURBZ
21-04-09, 10:44 AM
Sorted, turned out the battery light was not working on dash! hence didnt trigger the alternator!! supposedly

GTE TURBZ
21-04-09, 10:44 AM
Sorted, turned out the battery light was not working on dash! hence didnt trigger the alternator!! supposedly