PDA

View Full Version : need some ideas (room related)

L33 LEG
14-04-09, 06:21 PM

muzzy
14-04-09, 06:24 PM
We have one wall painted brown in the living room with pictures on it, how about painting around the tv in a different colour and give the rest of the room a paint in Magnolia.

Rysee
14-04-09, 06:25 PM
Nice room. I have a double high deck bed with a sofa an tv under cus my room is so small, its nearly impossible to sex up there tho

L33 LEG
14-04-09, 06:34 PM
if it was just a normal bedroom then i would of picked brown and magnolia, but i dont think it would work in my room. think it needs some red or something bald like that in to give it some colour, but have no idea what.

it should be black really as thats how most home cinemas are but i cant see it looking any good

Pillar
14-04-09, 06:42 PM
get someone to photoshop it? have a look see if the black would work

Mike
14-04-09, 06:42 PM
Wacky scheme?

Ever tried a colour on your ceiling :thumb: does wonders for a room chap, a matt emulsion on the ceiling in a very light brown, or a peach kinda colour.

With regards to any crack in board joins, rake them out bigger then refill them :thumb: if you straight fill them, within 12 months they'll return ;)

The DVD/CD shelfing, go matt black vynal silk paint on it, keep the big expanse of wall areas a light colour, or you could alternate it with black shelving units, white ceiling, fit some coving & black that out if you think your upto the job of cutting it in nice & neat paint wise?

L33 LEG
14-04-09, 06:51 PM
i really could do with PS then i could have a go at some examples. im liking the sound of a matt black finish though.

its only cracked along the very edge of the dvd wall. i reckon if i fill them in again they should be fine for a while, if not then il do them another way.

if i was to paint the cieling i would go for black. i could do that and then paint the bit around the screen black. anybody fancy a go on photoshop for me?

muzzy
14-04-09, 06:52 PM
A red would be good on the roof or the wall around the tv. I would say orange but ive never seen that done in a room before.

Mike
14-04-09, 06:54 PM
A red would be good on the roof or the wall around the tv. I would say orange but ive never seen that done in a room before.

Red/Maroon ceilings are very 1930's esq, and a bitch to repaint come re-dec time ;)

muzzy
14-04-09, 06:58 PM
Im just thinking of idea's in my head, i get more paint on me than the walls when im decorating so im far from a DIY expert lol

Mike
14-04-09, 06:59 PM
lol Im a Decky by trade chap ;)

muzzy
14-04-09, 07:02 PM
I normally go for the usual boring colour schemes so never really had any experience of any "lairy" styles. You could always just get a pot of paint and throw it at a wall, that would be quite ermmm different! lol

Ash
14-04-09, 07:52 PM
Gulf colours lol Orange and baby blue.
-or-
Dark brown and teal :cool:

I'm painting my office grey/silver and orange soon, but then again I don't have to live there...