PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Idiot

bmw156
14-04-09, 06:17 PM
ok so i recently bought a brown/coffee dash. and listed it on ebay as it wasnt doing to well on here.

had a few watchers etc all going well etc

then got a message from a guy agueing my title it is this:

vauxhall nova brown dashboard sport clocks.

he says "just so you know this is not a dashboard from a nova sport. the nova sport dashboard and under dash shelf are a lot darker brown. they also do not have the outer heater vent (blanked off) and the heater switch is a 3position type instead of 4position..

would apreciate if you could edit the listing to state it has nothing to do with a nova sport

so i reply : know it is not a dash from a nova sport. but its brown and sports have brown dashes. it was mentioned as sport bec ause its a good starting base for a brown dash. yeh they are alot darker, but this is faded. i have tested a bit on the top of the dash with peanut butter and it has brung it back to dark brown, can send pics!!!

i know the sport one has end vent blanks, but these coudl be sourced seperatly and thus the end air vents removed.

and im sure the heater switch could be changed also.

i will not edit the listing as i think it has alot going for it. and it coudl be a good base for a sport restorer.

are you on png? i hope not.

and he replies again:

listing reported as you have still not revised the description/title to say its not from a sport...

and i say
what is your problem....

why do you care if its not from a sport, fair enough you might be passionate about these sports and yeh they are very nice and rare. but dont loose sleep over this alright, its just a word. and im pretty sure if someone was to buy it, they would already be clued up on what is and is not a sport dash...

you care to much

and as my feedback states im not here to rip people off.

but what ever.

im just pissed off with this ****. as i said whats his problem. i dont get it why he cares so much. the listing it still live and has not been taken down yet. and i hope it doesnt. i think i have said enough to him.

what do you guys think?:)

EDIT: hyperlink removed

Asa-James
14-04-09, 06:19 PM
sounds like someone who has too much time on their hands. or a certain forum nazi perhaps...

muzzy
14-04-09, 06:20 PM
Seems to have taken it badly, he isnt selling a Sport dash is he?

bmw156
14-04-09, 06:20 PM
the ebay id is kurtbalkham,

just to name and shame.

ps if you are on here, your a ****tard

Southie
14-04-09, 06:25 PM
I can get what he means really but if you had say put similar to sport then that would be that. Obviously original sport dashes are hard to get hold of. Thing is he may have a "sport" and doesn't want people getting ripped of by said false adverts or possibly he just doesn't like novas.

twistysnovagte
14-04-09, 06:25 PM
i cant belive he has reported it,now that is taking the p***,people like him needs to keep there noses out,and as long as its not stated as a sport dash and just a base model dash(but ideal for the sport with 1/2 etc's)then there should be no problem with your listing!

muzzy
14-04-09, 06:29 PM
If someone was restoring a Sport you would expect them to know the colour of the dash and not get confused. I suppose he is right about how it was advertised but he has gone a bit far, all he needed to do was check you didnt think it actually was a Sport dash and leave it at that. He seems like the kind of person who goes around with their words of wisdom and emails heaps of people telling them that they are wrong.

Pistol Pete
14-04-09, 06:30 PM
Contact eBay yourself maybe? Put your case accross, last thing you want is your listing to be pulled and loose out..all because of some bored idiot!!

Gashgusher
14-04-09, 06:36 PM
cant be doin with ebay nazi's. i had similar prob once trying to sell a part for a fiat ducato van. a ducato is exatly the same as the citroen and peugeot counterparts, apart from badges etc, and had someone taking me to task about listing the item for all three models rather than just the one i got it from.

you should just tell him to fu.ck off, simple as

~~joycey~~
14-04-09, 06:51 PM
Wot a stupid ****! Tell him to fcuk off and mind his own buisness!

Jesus some people really do need to get a life! :tosser:

Sloth
14-04-09, 07:34 PM
having read martins listing, there is nowt wrong with it, the guy is a fooking n00b. i'd just email him with a nice virus...

DAFTJOHN
14-04-09, 07:46 PM
haha what a ****, the listing doesn't even read like your selling a sport dash, the sport could just be a generic term for the clocks. Tell him it was a sport one but you converted it to an SR dash lol

Joe Richardson
14-04-09, 08:14 PM
the ebay id is kurtbalkham,

just to name and shame.

ps if you are on here, your a ****tard

?

John
14-04-09, 08:21 PM
Just to have my 10p's worth, i can completely see where you are coming from, but, owning a sport myself, i get sometimes get peed off with trawling though the 2 odd pages of stuff on e-bay, of which some is not sport stuff.
If i've taken this from the right advert, then you are clearly saying it's a sport dash. (cut and paste)

hey, for sale we have a vauxhall nova brown dash. as was used in the Sport models. making it sought after.

Any boneafide sporter will know that the sport dash is the darker brown. So your e-bay "idiot" does have a valid point imo. There's not a clear picture of the clocks to see what they are. Simply saying it's a sport dash because its brown, is like saying this fake pound coin is actually real because it's gold in colour lol
(john now awaits shooting down in flames)

Spudly
14-04-09, 08:46 PM
Im sorry guys but im with john on this one, plus the photos make the dash look almost grey and he has a very good point, if someone is looking for gen sport parts and searches, for example.... "vauxhall nova sport" they will probably get about 20 0dd pages and i can probably say with a degree of certainty that about two (if that) pages will be sport stuff and the rest will be just tat that some pudding has written sport on the listing!

So although your guy seems a bit snotty in what he is doing he does have a good point!

bmw156
14-04-09, 09:19 PM
ok ok i found out he is on here.

and yeh the dash is faded, i done the peanut butter trick and it came up alot darker, can get pics. and surly "the dash" could be used in a sport IF its the same colour, just needs the switches etc changed. and if there any structual differences then yeh im wrong. but i think i say in my listing that it is a good base for someone with a sport.

and as i have said befor if someone is restoring a sport im sure they know what they want and need.

p.s i searched nova sport to see what is listed. just go and do it your self. maybe the dick should go and search it and see what crap comes up. utter bull****e. IMO. as i said im not here to scam people IFit was a geniune dash i would be asking alot more for it. and i actually cant remember what the cloks look like, im sure they are one big dial in the middle. with orange/yellow lines through them

mowgli
14-04-09, 09:25 PM
don't worry about it, before ebay, when the autotrader was the place to get bits, and car mags like CCC ran proper classifieds, everybody advertised stuff claiming it fitted a sport/sr/gte/gsi/gti/xr/rs/etc..you could never find anything advertised as for a std model

. I went 50 miles to buy a gte fuel tank only to find out it was a 1.2 carb tank, called the bloke names & told him to change the ad. he ran the same ad the next edition.......

bmw156
14-04-09, 09:31 PM
lol thats bad mowgli. and i have now edited the listing very slighty

p.s anyone wants to know who it is PM me lol

auzzy2000
14-04-09, 09:46 PM
had the same problem.with something i was selling!!oh my god how anal can you get.there is some really sad people out there.and ebay is a magnet for them.f**k him.good luck with sale

Novasport
14-04-09, 09:55 PM
I think he has gone a little too far in his complaint but I can see where he is coming from & I agree with John.
It is not a faded dark brown 'Sport type' dash, it is actually a lighter shade fitted to earlier models, more like a biscuit colour.
It is a little annoying when people add certain key words to aid the listing but I am sure we are all guilty of doing it at some point.
I have a 888 and its amazing what people will put 888 against to get it seen.

bmw156
14-04-09, 10:13 PM
I think he has gone a little too far in his complaint but I can see where he is coming from & I agree with John.
It is not a faded dark brown 'Sport type' dash, it is actually a lighter shade fitted to earlier models, more like a biscuit colour.
It is a little annoying when people add certain key words to aid the listing but I am sure we are all guilty of doing it at some point.
I have a 888 and its amazing what people will put 888 against to get it seen.

ok thats for filling me in, sloth told me it might be a "coffee" dash??

and whats an 888 lol, is it like 999 but a bit less

Spudly
14-04-09, 10:15 PM
Astra coupe triple eight, rather sexy limited run coupe:thumb:

Pistol Pete
14-04-09, 10:15 PM
Astra 888 edition....

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s314/astraownersclub/Astra%20G%20888/ae_Astra_888_685_02.jpg

Scherrrwing....

Joe Richardson
14-04-09, 10:20 PM
saw one of them round a local estate near mine a week or so back:)

rare motors them !

ck
14-04-09, 10:28 PM
i have nothing to hide I AM YOUR EBAY IDIOT LMFAO

You did not reply to my first message hence why i reported your listing.

only received 1 message from you which according to your 1st post was the second message you sent me..

The way you originally listed the dashboard was as if it was the exact same dash fitted to the sports...

sorry if i offended you but as said above it was because its not a sport dash. ive spoken to people before buying sport bits only to find that there not because alot of people arent actually in the know about all the little details of the nova sport...

you add was definitely miss-leading tbh mate. i clicked on it because of your title (which i personaly think should still be edited) so think how many other people would think the same nd not think twice about it not being the correct colour..

sparkie1401
14-04-09, 10:34 PM
im sitting on the fence with this one,cos it is frustrating searching 4 something and u get so many pages of choice and most of it is crap! but the main points are we ALL try and over sell stuff, GSI this 16v that etc

if i look for evo 6 stuff u cant beklieve how many parts are b-sting ariels, fit evo 6 7 8 9 etc. evo 6 doent have an ariel as such on the exterior

but who really wants a fookin mard **** busy body loosing sleep over 3 fifths of **** all

i had this with my dads electric golf trolley back in january, its is ultimately uneccesary that people should get that upset and involed in something that doesnt concern them, and if he knows its not the real deal then he's not going to get his leg in buying it then realise its not the real deal when it arrives

this is only my opinion, he's got a point but y get involed!

MK999
14-04-09, 10:38 PM
Astra 888 edition....

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s314/astraownersclub/Astra%20G%20888/ae_Astra_888_685_02.jpg

Scherrrwing....

Sorry to quote pic again (I honestly hate scrolling through a page of the same pic repeated) but is that something shadowed in the paint on the side, or just the way the photo is taken? Looks quite cool but I did think it was pretty unlikely to be put there by vauxhall!

Spudly
14-04-09, 10:45 PM
Looks like badly removed polish or even machine polishing swirls imo!

MK999
14-04-09, 10:49 PM
yeah good spot that! Can see it now, looks much less cool now though lol

edit: sorry, back to arguing about dashes lol

dj_wudgey
14-04-09, 10:58 PM
ill edit my thread as i just read back up the page lol but yea was it that much off a problem to report it to ebay?? lol

ohh and astra 888's kick ass lol

Pistol Pete
14-04-09, 11:00 PM
lol :roll: have you read the whole thread?? The "prick" you speak of posted above....

dj_wudgey
14-04-09, 11:03 PM
lol :roll: have you read the whole thread?? The "prick" you speak of posted above....

yea i read it after and changed it lol

bmw156
14-04-09, 11:46 PM
i have nothing to hide I AM YOUR EBAY IDIOT LMFAO

You did not reply to my first message hence why i reported your listing.

only received 1 message from you which according to your 1st post was the second message you sent me..

The way you originally listed the dashboard was as if it was the exact same dash fitted to the sports...

sorry if i offended you but as said above it was because its not a sport dash. ive spoken to people before buying sport bits only to find that there not because alot of people arent actually in the know about all the little details of the nova sport...

you add was definitely miss-leading tbh mate. i clicked on it because of your title (which i personaly think should still be edited) so think how many other people would think the same nd not think twice about it not being the correct colour..

thanks for replying :)

i did send you a message, and can forward it onto you again. as its in my sent box lol.

i know why people put in the word sport to attract customers etc, but im certainly not the only one that does it, have you personally put in nova sport in ebay, there are a handful or ****ty badges, and other things which are vauxhall and not even close to a sport!!

but i still dont get why you have taken out time in your life to report it etc. fair enough if the ebay email system is ****e lol. if it was me i would just go, o its not a sport dash, never mind, move on.

dj_wudgey
14-04-09, 11:48 PM
i do have to agree with bmw156 here i personally wouldent report it either!!

brainsnova
14-04-09, 11:49 PM
i had an ebay idiot bump me and sent another item in the originals box . bring on the small claims court lol

dj_wudgey
14-04-09, 11:52 PM
i had an ebay idiot bump me and sent another item in the originals box . bring on the small claims court lol

yea get it sorted!! its just a shame they will never get rid off all the scaming *******s on there!!

Sloth
15-04-09, 12:21 AM
its easy. dont use it. or insist on pick up. cash only.

bmw156
15-04-09, 12:24 AM
everyone is always moaning about ebay scamming coonts. but i have only ever had one thing gone missing and that was from teh states and was like 7quid, yeh annoyed but i got over it. i just make sure i deal with the right people. and take a gamble everynow and then.

Bubba
15-04-09, 03:16 AM
my stuff is always advertised from what its off...such as my cav hatch spoiler..it was listed as a "Mk3 cavalier hatch roof spoiler" none of this sri gsi bull**** thats normally added

burgo
15-04-09, 03:26 AM
im with the ebay user on this one although he did take it abit far. end of the day it is not a sport dash and therefore imo shouldnt of had sport in the title

ck
15-04-09, 03:48 AM
thanks for replying :)

i did send you a message, and can forward it onto you again. as its in my sent box lol.

i know why people put in the word sport to attract customers etc, but im certainly not the only one that does it, have you personally put in nova sport in ebay, there are a handful or ****ty badges, and other things which are vauxhall and not even close to a sport!!

but i still dont get why you have taken out time in your life to report it etc. fair enough if the ebay email system is ****e lol. if it was me i would just go, o its not a sport dash, never mind, move on.

i have seen the message in your first post.

i agree it is really annoying when people list things in the title not even relevant to the item they are selling, which i have found is even worse with the newer style of ebay.

Every so often i come across a listing which is either very badly titled/described or they just dont have a clue what they are selling. On the odd occasion i feel the urge to send them a message telling them what they have actually got, or that they are selling something which is completely different to what they have described/pictured. you get the idea...

Sometime i get reply saying thanks and they have revised their listing, sometimes i should imagine generating the seller more money for that item.

On the other hand people have not replied and left their listings alone. Some people have replied telling me that i am wrong and that what they are selling is as pictured and described accurately.

it really goes to show that some people dont care, just there on the internet trying to grab more money off people.

There's people out there that would have been told to get something, or know what they need but not 100% sure and like your dashboard could have thought it was the correct one. Then not found out untill he had fitted it and maybe shown a few people. It could happen lol and no doubt it would have.

I dont normaly report item mate, i will generaly forget about them after sending the seller a message.

If i get a reply then fair enough.

But in your case i did not get your second reply, so after the first i thought why not :(

Never mind hey...

have some rep+++ lol

bmw156
15-04-09, 12:53 PM
ok thanks dude for the rep. make sure you dont bid on it as its not a sport one:)lol

novaguy08
15-04-09, 01:50 PM
I know that its not relevent to this specific content however I have found one hell ova eBay idiot, to the point where their advertisement could be considered dangerous...... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/XENON-STOP-TAIL-LED-BULBS-RED-VAUXHALL-NOVA_W0QQitemZ220395853561QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Ca rsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item220395853561
Read the "why use/whats the difference" section, I have emailed the advertiser about this as he promising something that is just plain insane and not possible however i have not recived a responce and the ad has not changed! Yes its annoying people using the "spammers" technique to get their ads attention and they dont always have the correct information in their ads, im on the fence too, yes its a bit much reporting the ad however it was discribed wrongly & it could have been shown as "sport stlye" or something similar. I only used that technique once, and that was because it was a part that was pretty much used in all of the models mentioned, didnt use the specific model due to not knowing it

Pistol Pete
15-04-09, 02:10 PM
^ i dont get it. Whats the issue. They are LED bulbs....

mowgli
15-04-09, 02:42 PM
having overbright brake lights is just as illegal as having dull ones........

Jack
15-04-09, 02:47 PM
Is it? I've not heard of that before...

What does the questionable blurb in that ad say?

AlexW
15-04-09, 02:51 PM
For RJ

Why use a Stop & Tail LED (whats the difference)?

Well there is a massive difference. Not only do they look pleasing to the eye, but they are a huge improvement on safety compared to your standard yellowish tint bulbs. The LEDs provide up to 50% more light intensity - giving the driver behind you 50% more time to react. The driver behind you will have approximately 3 metres more braking distance because of these stop & tail LEDs.

Pistol Pete
15-04-09, 02:52 PM
having overbright brake lights is just as illegal as having dull ones........

lol Really?? I think not!... BMW, Lexus, to name but a few, all have adopted the LED light thing. So they are breaking the law??!!

Jack
15-04-09, 02:55 PM
...but then the OEM LED tails tend to be of the same brightness as normal filament bulbs.

Hmm, yellowy light? On a red bulb? Oook lol LEDs aren't pleasing to the eye anyway. I find them fcuking annoying on tail lights tbh, as they make my eyes go funny. Which is why I want to put them in my nova lol

novaguy08
15-04-09, 02:59 PM
its not the legality of the lights you numpties lol AW06 got the section, its the fact they are saying that having these bulbs gives the driver behind you 50% more time to stop! 3 meters more braking zone??? wtf!? in order to do that it would mean that the light travels 50% faster bacause its 50% brighter!

Pistol Pete
15-04-09, 03:12 PM
lol you mean people put things that are not true, in their eBay ads??!!......

kelbelle
15-04-09, 03:42 PM
ok I know nothing about cars but even I read that and was like 'what utter bull****! Braking distance depends on how close your following and weather!

novaguy08
15-04-09, 04:02 PM
noooooo i never thought that they did pete!! hence the eBay idiots thingy going on here lol
i thought the same kelbelle thats why i emailed them, some complete fool is going to read that ad and think "oh if a light bulb is brighter i can follow the guy in front closer!" which is dangerous! also very irresposible for them to put it in there!!

Jack
15-04-09, 04:05 PM
"oh if a light bulb is brighter i can follow the guy in front closer!"
Yeas.. but... would you not have to flag down the guy in front, remove his rear lamps, check the bulb type, go home, go onto ebay, order the bulbs, wait for delivery (say 2-3 days), then go back to the guy, install the bulbs and reassemble his lamps, THEN be able to drive closer?

MK999
15-04-09, 06:07 PM
Blinding the poor sod behind you does not make you less likely to have a rear ender lol

Sloth
15-04-09, 07:48 PM
light travels at the same speed no matter what light it is, therefore hes basically saying physics is wrong, or these bulbs alter the laws of physics....

mowgli
15-04-09, 08:12 PM
light travels at the same speed no matter what light it is, therefore hes basically saying physics is wrong, or these bulbs alter the laws of physics....

no, the idiot is saying that as they are soo bright that you will be able to see them from further up the road, so by logical deductive reasoning, they will be safer...............

mowgli
15-04-09, 08:18 PM
NOW for everyone who reckons you can't have overbright lights....

construction & use regs on vehicle lighting is specific about light bulb strength. indicators must be 21w, sidelights must be 5w, tail lights must be 5w, brake, reverse & rear fog must be 21w. the good quality led bulbs will be tested & proven to produce the equivalent candle power to a normal approved bulb........

front lights are the exception. they must produce an approved beam pattern, this is usually made using 55w main & 45w dip bulbs. those crazy blueish lights (available from eBay) are actually illegal because they dazzle oncoming traffic. and in my opinion, when fitted to old bmw's should result in public execution for both the car & driver.

novaguy08
15-04-09, 08:58 PM
Yeas.. but... would you not have to flag down the guy in front, remove his rear lamps, check the bulb type, go home, go onto ebay, order the bulbs, wait for delivery (say 2-3 days), then go back to the guy, install the bulbs and reassemble his lamps, THEN be able to drive closer?
:wtf:
i meant that if some moron saw that the guy in front had brighter bulbs, he thinks that he can follow closer as he is under the understanding that brighter bulbs gives them 50% more braking time!