PDA

View Full Version : Hazard Switch

Nova_Sean
14-04-09, 12:30 PM
Put my dash back together today and my hazard switch won't push back in. I removed it properly and it has been sat in my glove box for a few days whilst i did what i needed to do.

Anyone got any ideas?

Pillar
14-04-09, 12:51 PM
Put my dash back together today and my hazard switch won't push back in. I removed it properly and it has been sat in my glove box for a few days whilst i did what i needed to do.

Anyone got any ideas?did you put the conector in the right way when you put the new dash in? it might be upside down?

Nova_Sean
14-04-09, 12:53 PM
Didnt take it out, left the housing bit dangling as it was only for a couple of days...

loggyboy
14-04-09, 01:32 PM
MK2? they are delicate as ****, when you say 'I removed it properly' do you mean you turned the switch to the ON position before pulling it out?
either way its either an relatively easy job to take apart and either repair or make 'unbreakable'. If not, buy one off me.

Nova_Sean
14-04-09, 01:44 PM
yeh, Mk2. I turned it on before i took it out.

I may have to take you up on that loggy...

:(

Edit - you say repair...how?

scotty GSI
14-04-09, 02:30 PM
MK2? they are delicate as ****, when you say 'I removed it properly' do you mean you turned the switch to the ON position before pulling it out?
either way its either an relatively easy job to take apart and either repair or make 'unbreakable'. If not, buy one off me.

Do you repair the switches? Ive knackered two now. Think ive got the touch of death for nova hazard switches. lol

~~joycey~~
14-04-09, 02:37 PM
Mk2 hazzard switches ftl :(

Pillar
14-04-09, 03:16 PM
how do you repair them as mines buggered to!

novaguy08
14-04-09, 03:20 PM
They fail if you look at them funny.
I gota an "unbreakable" one in mine and can get hold of one easy :D apparently you can change them into unbreakable ones think there is a guide in the articles section.
The only difference between unbreakable ones and normal ones is the click mechanism (the mech that pops it out and holds it in) is removed i believe

MK999
14-04-09, 09:53 PM
pop the button part of it off the front, take it apart (4 clips, 2 on either side iirc) and pull the little slider thing and springs out of it, but leave the metal 'arm' that makes the connection, all will become apparent when it's in pieces.

novaguy08
14-04-09, 10:03 PM
i pulled out my one today, its a GM unit thats had the back popped off so i guess thats all thats done in making an unbreakable

AlexW
15-04-09, 12:47 AM
The springs are removed. Making it into a push/pull one.

Ive got a stash of working ones :D Inc new ones :D

brainsnova
15-04-09, 12:53 AM
pull and push ftw