PDA

View Full Version : 12th april fun day

burgo
14-04-09, 12:48 AM
well yes and no!! the plan - go to steves to pick up a flange and then to kent show ground for a kitcar show, then from there to bristol to pick up some stuff from causerino then home. now that kinda happened but was eventful.

so it started off i was planning to be on the way at 8, got on the way in the end at 8.10 so not to bad at all and got 99.9% of the way with out a hitch and in much better time than i was expecting. got to steves at 9.50 but with a problem!!!! literally 30 seconds from his house on a round about my header tank desided it didn't want to hold pressure anymore, it split across the front seam and chucked aload of steam out. not such a problem as i robbed a "spare" of steve and refilled with water and was on my way again.

headed off to the show and really enjoyed it blah blah blah, anywho left there at about 2.30 to head for bristol and causerino. going along really well, got 70 miles then booooooom. big bang and jolt and fook loads of steam out the back :(. watched the temp gauge and it raised to half way and settled so i carried on until i got to the next services where once i popped the bonnet i found it had actually forced of the bottom hose of the header tank and therefore spat out all the water!!! yet the good old girl didnt overheat :D. managed to get the hose back on and filled it with water again but this time didnt do the cap up tightly so it couldnt build up pressure. set off and was fine all the way to bristol. then loaded her and and didnt miss a beat all the way home. altho it was abit skittish with the amount of weight in the back and only having one shock on the back lol. got home at 9.10 aswell

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/sclurgess/S7302816.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/sclurgess/S7302817.jpg
in there is

a bonnet
windscreen
gearbox
rear seats with head rests
2 pairs of front door cards
steering rack
four 15" wheels with tyres
front hubs with brakes
full suspension kit
strut brace
dizzy
door cappings
another header tank

and i still got 380 miles out of a tank :)

well proud of me car even with the problems

thanks very much to both steve and causerino aswel :thumb:

Southie
14-04-09, 01:02 AM
Goodies galore :D

I had a heater matrix explode on me once when in the outside lane of the m1 once. Scary as fook. One minute drivng along chatting to my mate and singing a song then BOOOOM steamed all the windows, my glasses and I had to try and via across 3 lanes. :eek:

brainsnova
14-04-09, 01:03 AM
thats the benefits of being burgo as you can fix and have the no how for everything car related :thumb:

Rich
14-04-09, 01:19 AM
Bet your glad to have your license back, doesnt sound like the novas happy about it though lol

burgo
14-04-09, 01:31 AM
it is extremely handy having a licence lol. and she'll be fine. i was planning on swapping the head this week anyway so its really no biggy

Sloth
14-04-09, 01:49 AM
epic kudos for the 1 shock bit....

burgo
14-04-09, 01:56 AM
epic kudos for the 1 shock bit....well ive lost the other one lol

Sloth
14-04-09, 02:02 AM
oh poo..... whats the head swap for? higher c/r?

burgo
14-04-09, 02:05 AM
just a spare i had that ive fettled with

brainsnova
14-04-09, 02:19 AM
are your gte front seats in mint condition with no wear on the drivers bolster.

burgo
14-04-09, 02:37 AM
are your gte front seats in mint condition with no wear on the drivers bolster.yep :) picked those up aswell but fitted them there to save space

Jack
14-04-09, 10:50 AM
You had me at "flange" lol

I did not know you were down these parts on Sunday :(

Dar
14-04-09, 01:34 PM
Boo, you should have let me know you were coming to Yate! causerino lives a stones throw away from me!

burgo
15-04-09, 02:30 AM
gutted :( i could have got a dar hug