PDA

View Full Version : Digi Dimmer Thing?!?!?! HELP

whitey
18-01-03, 09:04 PM
Someone wants to sell me a digi dash! I want one and know what to look out for etc and how to wire up!
Pretty good with all that crap! Just he said something bout the light dimmer on it not coming off! (Bit from original Astra) I think i know what he means, and obviously this can come off, but he seems to think that it wont!?
Is he wrong and how it come off?
Dont wanna spend ?50 for something thats WANK!

Sorry for sounding so dim! Im fine with fitting one as it is from a previous nova but neva heard of this extra section!

Cheers in advance

Chris

Manta Mad
18-01-03, 10:58 PM
first off, I am no expert in this but thinking back to the Astra GTE Mk2, the dimmer switch was mounted separately in the dash and was just a variable resistor type thingy that altered the brightness by turning the dial on the switch. Would have thought that by connecting directly to 12v, you would have instruments on their brightest setting - hopefully someone can confirm or correct me :)

mikeoxford
19-01-03, 10:40 AM
yep completely fine

its on the dash surround - and you dont even use that in the nova!!!

buy it, disconnect the dimmer thing and discard, and then i think the wire goes to the sidelight wires on the nova - just follow the usual guides

theres one for a mk1 and mk2 on nova-land.com

Aragorn
20-01-03, 12:21 PM
dont connect it to the headlight switch because if u do the dash will go really dark when u turn on the lights

just leave it off - it will be fine

mikeoxford
20-01-03, 12:41 PM
follow one of the guides on the net, both mk1 and 2 are on nova-land.com for sure i no that

the digi dash is by design that you wire one wire to sidelights, so in the dark it dont dazzle you - if ur dash goes VERY dark like u say then i wud of said the second circuit was buggered, like i said this function dont matta either.

whitey
22-01-03, 12:04 AM
Ta Lads!