PDA

View Full Version : 1.6 turbo engine building

djbrowney
13-04-09, 10:40 PM
Been think about build a 1600 turbo engine rather than going down the route of building another let :(

now the engine is just going to be for my every day nova, so it's not got to be extremly powerful or spin the tyres in every gear. I AM NOT going to put 2 head gaskets an run the pickey way lol

i was think maybe a c16xe from a tigra ????

im going to use the emerald that i will use on my other nova, most probaly run a gt28 or something along those line's , will have an exhaust manifold fabricated an most probaly run the standard inlet maifold.

now what i need to know is what are the standard cranks/rods like ?????
are there piston i can run from another engine eg 1.6 rs turbo (although iirc they are pap) im sure you catch my drift :thumb:

i did have a load of bookmars but lost them all on my laptop an trying to do a search with turbo in it is just a no brainner lol

any help will be much appreciated

small block ftw :thumb:

Novasport
13-04-09, 11:10 PM
Sure I've seen some low compression forged pistons somewhere for a 16XE.

djbrowney
13-04-09, 11:11 PM
Sure I've seen some low compression forged pistons somewhere for a 16XE.

could be handy lol

any idea what they were from ? size ? condition ? lol

General Baxter
13-04-09, 11:11 PM
my garage lol

theres rods and pistons on ebay, and steel head gaskets :)

djbrowney
13-04-09, 11:14 PM
my garage lol

theres rods and pistons on ebay, and steel head gaskets :)

fook that im not spending another 1000 on a set of pistons an rods, there must be another standard piston from another engine i can use to ???

General Baxter
13-04-09, 11:18 PM
the bottom ends are rather strong on them in std form tbh

Novasport
13-04-09, 11:58 PM
Corsa VXR pistons?

djbrowney
14-04-09, 12:05 AM
i wonder ????

i bet there going to be hard to come by lol

djbrowney
14-04-09, 12:09 AM
Corsa VXR pistons are £300 but may be 19mm pins instead of 18mm which means you will have to use vxr rods, which are 260 for a set, if you know someone at vaux.

Wiseco forged pistons which fit your standard rods are £400. You can change your rods to z16xep versions which are slightly better (though obviously not steel). The xep crank is also a slighty better casting.

Any compression below 9.5 would be fine!

For a cheap ish conversion - cometic gasket (£100 ish), port/polish/drop compression of the head (£200), vxr turbo (400-500 with mani and fittings, LMF) x20xev injectors will do the job, or c20let/z20let etc etc.

Mark.

djbrowney
14-04-09, 12:13 PM
The c20xe is the na version of the c20let using pretty much everything the same as a let apart from pistons on internal side of things

The engine code on the corsa vxr is z16lel/ler do they do a n/a version of this engine with the sampe principle as above

cheers guys :thumb: