PDA

View Full Version : FAO breeny

bob
18-01-03, 06:34 PM
when respraying your car, how much of the internals did u remove? I can take out seats n carpets n cards etc(n doors off) easily, Im worried bout taking out the headlining, did u bother about that?

Will
18-01-03, 08:25 PM
respray was external with new wings, rear arches and doors inside and out while off the car :)

bob
19-01-03, 11:54 AM
sounds good to me, Im getting info for when I rebuild a gte :) I think Ive got my white 1400 alive again, gonna MoT n tax it, then try selling it. Only thing worrying me bout rebuiling, is when it comes to the sunroof!

Breeny
19-01-03, 03:04 PM
I didnt bother taking much of it out, you don't need to really if your only doing the exterior but it does get filthy so probably a good idea to take as much as you can out.

Only interior bits of mine that were sprayed were the new doors. If you look at the pic in my feature you can see the bodyshop used a protective paper where the windows would be...

bob
19-01-03, 04:37 PM
looks good mate, Im just trying to cover everything, I bin offered my old gte back for ?250 :D thats with K&N, strut brace, 14" softstars,clear repeaters etc, but an astra mk1 gte interior- v tempting!!! I was after finding out how much of the inside got done, when it was resprayed, I take it they did the sills?( the sills peeps put sill covers on, not underneath) the way its looking, its gonna be extremely easy to rip appart a gte, pay a bodyshop to spray it up(and new wings n doors, get em to fit doors too) and I bolt on wings, bumpers,bonnet,tailgate windows etc.So no I am looking for mint doors n other panels to try keep costs down :) all mk1!