PDA

View Full Version : chargecooler vs intercooler

nova_stee
13-04-09, 05:54 PM
what would people say was best iam wanting to run phase 3 eds and a 3inch exhaust and f28

George g
13-04-09, 06:36 PM
i have always known IC's to be better, but take up a fair whack of space, however a charge cooler can be used if the space is limited(such as CVH turbo's in KA's). ALL higher power engines i have come across use IC's and the lower power ones sometimes use charge coolers... dont know there limits though.

Stuart
13-04-09, 07:19 PM
see sig link for a nice little document/article about the differences...(if it dosent work give me a shout)

I love the concept of a CC purely because of the epic things you can do like put ice/dry ice in the header tank to get the water exceptionaly cold and so on lol

but for VFM an Intercooler wins 99% of the time :(

burgo
13-04-09, 07:34 PM
chargecooler ftw imo

George g
15-04-09, 10:19 AM
see sig link for a nice little document/article about the differences...(if it dosent work give me a shout)

I love the concept of a CC purely because of the epic things you can do like put ice/dry ice in the header tank to get the water exceptionaly cold and so on lol

Dry ice in water? Are you nuts?

MK999
15-04-09, 10:19 AM
He plays with missiles all day, wtf you think? lol

Jack
15-04-09, 11:08 AM
In a nutshell...

Chargecooler is more efficient, and can fit in a smaller space. Also suffers much less lag than an intercooler.

Intercooler is cheaper, simpler, and easier to install. Also don't need a pump, but thats no big deal and shouldn't make a noticeable difference on power.

One of the reasons the Celica RC has more power than a std 185 is due to the RC's WTA chargecooler instead of the ATA intercooler on 185s.