PDA

View Full Version : Headlight Buzzer

Dave.
13-04-09, 04:34 PM
my headlight buzzer has never worked, for when you open the door and leave the headlights on

just wondering if its just a new relay jobbie? also would one form say a mk3 astra or mabey even a newer vauxhall fit? for a more pleasent sound? lol

bmw156
13-04-09, 04:43 PM
i want to fit one of these to my nova. is it possible to fit to a mk1??

novaguy08
13-04-09, 04:53 PM
my headlight buzzer has never worked, for when you open the door and leave the headlights on

just wondering if its just a new relay jobbie? also would one form say a mk3 astra or mabey even a newer vauxhall fit? for a more pleasent sound? lol

Its possible that you dont have one, they werent fitted standard, check under the dash, best to remove the drivers parcel shelf, check that it has one and if not check there is wiring for one, there should be 5 relay sockets there, if not then you will be needing to wire one in, if there is then you can change them, i got one from a corsa, would do the trick nicely

novaguy08
13-04-09, 04:53 PM

Yes
wire from ign live +ve from sidelights and earth

Nova_Tek
13-04-09, 04:58 PM
I have a ghetto fit light buzzer, the last owner just wired up one of those little electronic beepers and glued it to the inside of the dash. Does the trick and isn't so buzzy in sound like the early Cav Mk3 buzzers. Only problem is that even if the door is shut and I put the interior light on (when my headlamps are on) it will beep lol.

Still, I avoid that as much as poss when I have passengers lmao

novaguy08
13-04-09, 08:28 PM
thats why i say to use the +ve feed from sidelights and earth from something else, then use the ign live switch using the proper relay ill get a pic of one tomorrow as mine is just rattling about atm

Graeme
13-04-09, 08:31 PM
Dave check how many relays are present at the bottom of your fuse box, like people have said it might not have one, which is what I'm inclined to think due to your car not coming with c pillar covers from the factory. We can compare once my car is back on the road

Novasport
13-04-09, 09:04 PM

Yes, its easiest if you can get one off a scrap car that has one fitted. They are plug & play and comprise of a loom that plugs directly into the fuse box, the buzzer with holder clips onto the side of the fuse box & it then wires into the door pin switch

novaguy08
13-04-09, 09:12 PM
the wires might not nessesarily be there, they aint with my MK2 there is a wire for the oil gauge but not for buzzer. good point, it will need to be wired into ign live, +ve from sidelights, and -ve from microwswitch. (not earth as i already said wiring never been a strong point of mine)

Novasport
13-04-09, 09:16 PM
The wirng loom is seperate and just plugs into the fuse box

AlexW
13-04-09, 11:56 PM
What i was about to say. Mine didnt have one untill i put the relay in, wiring was all there. Just need to sort the pin switchs now. :wtf:

brainsnova
14-04-09, 12:06 AM
every nova i had it was a case of pushing in the buzzer and one from an early corsa has a nice sound. in the row of relays on the fuse box theres a space for it.

Dave.
14-04-09, 03:02 AM
nice one lads, ill check on thursday then :thumb:

~~joycey~~
14-04-09, 03:12 AM
Use a buzzer out of 1 of those musical birthday cards that would be funny lol

novaguy08
14-04-09, 08:01 AM
lol still they not always there, i checked mine to fit this one i got from a corsa (tested it and its a nice sound!) there is nothing back there for it, just got the 3 required relays one for c/l (iirc) and nothing but air where the buzzer relay ways supposed to be!