PDA

View Full Version : Battery problems :(

NathanSRi
13-04-09, 04:24 PM
The other day i was listening to music in the nova and the battery went flat, so i thought ok, i'll take it out and charge it, charged up to over half and put it back. Worked fine.
Today, i was listening to music for not long, 20 mins max and the battery was flat again :( I don't see how 20 mins of music can drain a battery, Any suggestions?

Cheers

L33 LEG
13-04-09, 04:26 PM
did you do many miles since you charged it? give it a long drive and get it fully charged and it should be just like it used to be. failing that, check the battery earth, mine used to be loose and i thought it was just going flat lol

NathanSRi
13-04-09, 04:29 PM
did you do many miles since you charged it? give it a long drive and get it fully charged and it should be just like it used to be. failing that, check the battery earth, mine used to be loose and i thought it was just going flat lol
It hasn't done any miles cos its not on the road. I'll charge it up again and leave it until it's on the road, but i'll still check the earth :thumb:

Cheers mate

L33 LEG
13-04-09, 04:31 PM
you need to drive it. cant just charge it half and listen to some music everyday, its obviously going to die on you :)

NathanSRi
13-04-09, 04:32 PM
you need to drive it. cant just charge it half and listen to some music everyday, its obviously going to die on you :)
I was just confused as to how over half a battery can be drained in just 20 mins, I thought i would have taken alot longer, obviously not :tard:

Cheers

Joe Richardson
13-04-09, 04:35 PM
Yes mate it will need along drive,for it to charge to it's full:)

I just leave a battery charger on mine all the time:thumb:

Asa-James
13-04-09, 04:36 PM
are you running amps/subs in the car? these can drain power surprisingly quickly

NathanSRi
13-04-09, 04:38 PM
are you running amps/subs in the car? these can drain power surprisingly quickly
Yeah, 1 amp and 2 sub speakers

Asa-James
13-04-09, 05:27 PM
and how loud?

Jack
13-04-09, 05:44 PM
Car batteries aren't all that powerful, effectively they're only used to power the starter then get charged up again by the alternator.

Nova_Tek
13-04-09, 06:00 PM
With an amp + 2 subs + speakers and head unit running directly off the battery for 20 mins, it's gonna drain the battery no matter how much you charge it. You're lucky you're getting 20 mins out of it lol

I'd get that battery charged up fully asap or stick it on a car that is used so it gets charged otherwise it will become useless.

As RJ said car batteries aren't a long term power supply. They can supply huge power in one go to turn the engine over but after that its your alternator that handles the job.

AlexW
13-04-09, 06:40 PM
Although, as i proved the other day, they will run a car from fully charged for about 25mins, even during a hard raggin!