PDA

View Full Version : saxo vtr

scotty GSI
12-04-09, 11:35 PM
Evening chaps, looking at doing a deal on my punto gt. Saxo vtr & some cash my way.

Know their a bit chavtastic but this one is quite nice and will make an excellent daily driver till i get the nova up to perfect health.

Only really driven poverty spec models before. Just wondering if anyone on here has had one, good experiences. Things to look for etc....

Cheers Scott :thumb:

ck
13-04-09, 12:19 PM
if its been lowered the majority of them will fail the mot on rear beam/axle bearings as they are renound for going on lowered cars..

make sure all the electrics work aswell

craig green
13-04-09, 12:23 PM
Look out for leaky sunrooves, bodykits falling off & oil leks from top end.

My GF has had 2, tbh they are no trouble mechanically, both literally being maintained on a budget. Neither have gone wrong atall, worst being a backbox rusting out. PAS has always been trouble free despite rumours.

Worst aspect of owning it is the miserable interior build quality & being seen in it...

dj_wudgey
13-04-09, 12:23 PM
id say keep the punto gt much beter car!!!

edit craig been seen in it lol that is quite a problem!!

Joe Richardson
13-04-09, 12:27 PM
Aye lol

Mike
13-04-09, 12:29 PM
Fiats are renowned for more problems then Saxo's though!!! And Fiats cost more to repair aswell lol

~~joycey~~
13-04-09, 02:33 PM
IMO saxo vtr's and vts's aint half as bad as everyone cries on about

General Baxter
13-04-09, 03:02 PM
IMO saxo vtr's and vts's aint half as bad as everyone cries on about

i drove passed one today, full body kit, 1zillion " alloys upside down in a ditch, the drivers was sitting down at the side of the road,

i stop, pointed, pissed my self and drove off lol

muzzy
13-04-09, 03:10 PM
I had two Saxo's and both were terrible, although they were terrible before i got them and it was due to how they were looked after. A pal of mine has had one since he passed his test 2 years ago and only problems he has had was popping driveshafts and bending the rear beam in the snow.

As said though if its lowered check the bushes and also check its not right down on the bumpstops, can sometimes be a nightmare to raise them again.

mikec123
13-04-09, 04:39 PM
i drove passed one today, full body kit, 1zillion " alloys upside down in a ditch, the drivers was sitting down at the side of the road,

i stop, pointed, pissed my self and drove off lol

lol lol

deanwilko
13-04-09, 04:42 PM
cv joints are a common fault on them

L33 LEG
13-04-09, 04:48 PM
iv had 2 VTRs. loved them, no idea why they get such a bad rep. my mk2 was driven hard for 2 years, never failed on me. only thing i had to do was fit some brake pads. then i had a mk1 which felt much slower but still ace to drive.

aslong as you have small feet and fit some buckets (standard ones are way too high) ul have a laugh driving it. iv nearly bought another a few times just as a runabout.

16v Nova Kev
13-04-09, 04:54 PM
i misses has a 99 plate vtr and i cant say much bad about it goes ok and handles good just dont let off on fast bends backend goes a tad light

L33 LEG
13-04-09, 05:00 PM
i dont think they look too bad aswell. perfect time for being a pic whore. my two old ones, obviously though times have changed since modding the first one...

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i184/L33LEG/My%20Cars/p1010158.jpg

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i184/L33LEG/My%20Cars/saox1.jpg

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i184/L33LEG/My%20Cars/saxo_1.jpg

sparkySX
13-04-09, 05:15 PM
The TPS (throttle position sensors) often go on Saxos
Be careful not to buy it if it hunts/wont idle properly as its not always the TPS because there's been a fair few cases where the coil pack played up and fried the ECU.