PDA

View Full Version : Powerflow Exhaust

Jay
12-04-09, 11:26 AM
Anybody got one of these, pros and cons please. And rough prices for a 2 box system for my baby xe. Being a Sunday/Easter there not open.

novalicous
12-04-09, 11:34 AM
the gf has one on her mini cooper a two box system came to a total of £249 with lifetime guarente

its a nice sound not to loud

certainly felt a slight power increase

we have herd of few storys about them rusting and not being that good but her system has been on for more than 18 months now and its still as good as day 1

sparkie1401
12-04-09, 11:39 AM
Look at mine in my thread Jay, £310-50 inc vat fitted

two box system, 3inch RO tailpipe, flexi joint so it doesnt break under heavy excelleration

looks great, v good workmanship, nice sound (not too loud as im nearly grown up)

life time warranty, inspection card which u have stamped each year as they check over ur system, makin sure its ok ( like an MOT 4 your exhaust)

Southie
12-04-09, 11:40 AM
I've the same one now for the last 5 years on my last two novas. It's a cracking sound to it but sounded brilliant with the bikecarbs running with it on.

It was something like £300 for the middle section and backbox but well worth it IMO :D

Jay
12-04-09, 11:47 AM
Look at mine in my thread Jay, £310-50 inc vat fitted

two box system, 3inch RO tailpipe, flexi joint so it doesnt break under heavy excelleration

looks great, v good workmanship, nice sound (not too loud as im nearly grown up)

life time warranty, inspection card ehich u have stamped each year as they check over ur syste make sure its ok

Cheers mate have some rep :)

Jay
12-04-09, 11:47 AM
I've the same one now for the last 5 years on my last two novas. It's a cracking sound to it but sounded brilliant with the bikecarbs running with it on.

It was something like £300 for the middle section and backbox but well worth it IMO :D

Cheers matey have some rep. :)

Jay
12-04-09, 11:48 AM
Ah man!

" You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to NOVABIKECARBED again. "

G8WCC
12-04-09, 11:48 AM
well as you know jay i own a powerflow dealership
we use t304 stainless (one of the best grades for exhaust's) the pipe is 2mm thick so it will take a very long time to rust ( probably out last most nova shellslol )
all systems are fully fitted and lifetime guaranteed ive built loads of nova systems including will f off here and of course myn, also in the middle of building corsa kids and his brothers discoinferno,
as for a price i usually charge around £310 for a 2 box system with flexi but im sure i can offer discount for png members of around 10% bringing it to £279 there are 70 tail pipes to choose from also.
hope this helps

Jay
12-04-09, 11:50 AM
well as you know jay i own a powerflow dealership
we use t304 stainless (one of the best grades for exhaust's) the pipe is 2mm thick so it will take a very long time to rust ( probably out last most nova shellslol )
all systems are fully fitted and lifetime guaranteed ive built loads of nova systems including will f off here and of course myn, also in the middle of building corsa kids and his brothers discoinferno,
as for a price i usually charge around £310 for a 2 box system with flexi but im sure i can offer discount for png members of around 10% bringing it to £279 there are 70 tail pipes to choose from also.
hope this helps

Well im thinking of buying a ashley system off of Mike, but if not i will be in touch :)

Benn
12-04-09, 12:27 PM
G8wcc: When you weld them is it all tig'ed? Or do you have a stainless welder?

As this is the worse part of a lot of exhaust builts id just welding it with a normal welder. So the welds rust stright away. (not saying that against you)

So far i've not seen a good powerflow box or system, all of them rust very fast, but thats all down to who makes them, sadly alot of dealers dont use stainless tubing..

My custom made stainless system looks like its still new after almost 9years. But isnt a powerflow.

G8WCC
12-04-09, 02:03 PM
we use stainless wire in the migwelder 316 grade 0.8mm (very expensive) and couger 5 gas.
our welds do not rust.

as for stainless steel exhaust fabricator's using mild steel tube or wire in the welder they want shooting as the average lifetime of a mild steel exhaust is around 18 months to 2 years (how do they expect to offer a lifetime guarantee if this is the case)

i build every exhaust that goes out of my work shop and take alot of pride in my work hense why national magazines like fastcar , redline , maxpower and total vauxhall use us for all their exhaust work.

there are alot of cowboys out there i get them coming into me all the time asking to sort out other people's cock up's and bad workmanship
so be carefull who you use and ask for examples of their work before you buy one.

Count Vaux Alot
12-04-09, 03:02 PM
Benn who built yours then?

blue_peg_16v
12-04-09, 05:36 PM
i have a 2.5in 1 box powerflow system on the nova and its been excellent it only cost me £220 for the exhaust but i did know the owner definatly recomend them but again be carful who you choose had mates that have gone to different powerflow franchises and have hed nothing but trouble

Benn
12-04-09, 08:42 PM
we use stainless wire in the migwelder 316 grade 0.8mm (very expensive) and couger 5 gas.
our welds do not rust.

as for stainless steel exhaust fabricator's using mild steel tube or wire in the welder they want shooting as the average lifetime of a mild steel exhaust is around 18 months to 2 years (how do they expect to offer a lifetime guarantee if this is the case)

i build every exhaust that goes out of my work shop and take alot of pride in my work hense why national magazines like fastcar , redline , maxpower and total vauxhall use us for all their exhaust work.

there are alot of cowboys out there i get them coming into me all the time asking to sort out other people's cock up's and bad workmanship
so be carefull who you use and ask for examples of their work before you buy one.

Good man, you sound like the perfect exhaust builder!

From working in the bodyshop i saw alot of badly built systems.
Alot where power flow, which put me off for life, but as said every dealer makes them different which can be bad and good.

Where are you based? I know its wales but... Might be worth a trip for me.

Benn who built yours then?

Mine was built by Stealth System from Southampton, but they closed. Then started up again but he does more bike stuff and engineering now, so his prices arnt great any more. But the system is fantastic. Fully mandral bent all Tig welded, looks just as shiney as it did when made, well has a bronzing from heat. Pics soon... lol

G8WCC
12-04-09, 08:49 PM
im based in newport south wales 10 mins from the severn bridge
its around 120 miles from southampton do it in under 2 hours

Benn
12-04-09, 08:51 PM
Hhhmm might be worth the trip, as i need let down pipe mating with my existing system. Or if the price isnt bad, down pipe making and joining to system....

joeSRI
16-04-09, 04:51 PM
my mate had one. wasn't welded together or bolted together.

Do you heat the pipe to expand it and then slide it on?