PDA

View Full Version : "new" series of Red Dwarf Fail or Non Fail?

Stuart
11-04-09, 09:07 PM
saw last nights and 11 mins into tonights and all I have to say is Doug, give up and feck off you money grabbing sell out.

Spudly
11-04-09, 09:10 PM
Not seen any of the new ones yet but if the last (series7 iirc) where kochanski came back, was anything to go by then its gonna be poo tbh:cry:

My "Dave" aint working today yet "Dave ja vu" is so ill watch it after NCIS has finished:thumb:

novait
11-04-09, 09:18 PM
not seen any of it yet. but will very soon.lol

General Baxter
11-04-09, 09:18 PM
im 50/50 on it, after 4 hours of it last night got a little sick lol

Dar
11-04-09, 09:29 PM
It's as good as any of the other series. I've enjoyed watching both the new ones so far and I am looking forward to seeing the next one tommrow.

Stuart
11-04-09, 09:32 PM
Dar, the old series's were hillarious... Maybe this one would have had a giggle if the earth starbug surprise wasnt ruined by the trailers and crappy hints all the way through.

I'll still watch tomorrows to see how uber cringey it is lol

Dar
11-04-09, 09:39 PM
Rose tinted Specticles on I suspect Stu. I have still got the oh it's finished already feeling both nights this week with the new episodes. Just like when it was first on.

Stuart
11-04-09, 09:42 PM
on the plus side, there was a longer length Crank 2 trailer in the advert break :D

Mazz
11-04-09, 10:12 PM
I believe the first ep is available on the torrents or here (http://www.scnsrc.net/tv/red-dwarf-9x01-back-to-earth-part-one-ws-pdtv-xvid-fov/) ;) 2nd should be soon too..

Spudly
11-04-09, 10:19 PM
Methinks thats a breach of rule #6!

Mazz
11-04-09, 10:23 PM
/me awaits his punishment :(

Spudly
11-04-09, 10:25 PM
If you drop the link out of that post ill let you off:thumb:

Dod
11-04-09, 10:40 PM
I havent seen them but Red Dwarf is FTW so it cant be bad.

Dave.
11-04-09, 10:53 PM
Methinks thats a breach of rule #6!
space core directive code #6?

no monkeys are allowed to share the same branch at once, otherwise all bannana privalges will be removed?

or is #6?

no illegal or pirate or unorthorized film/movie links?

Stuart
12-04-09, 07:15 AM
I havent seen them but Red Dwarf is FTW so it cant be bad.

thats what I was thinking/hoping :(

pikey sets and hugely comical storylines FTW.. not CGI and 4 old men who used to be funny

Dod
12-04-09, 09:49 AM
Is it really that bad though?

Spudly
12-04-09, 10:49 AM
Yeah, its lost the magic now imo:cry:

Benn
12-04-09, 11:31 AM
Gotta agree with stu, start watching the 2'ed ep last right.
Turned it off about 10mins in. Wasnt funny, really dissapointed.

Tomuch they've skiped over.. Wheres all the crew again? why are they not in prison? Why rimmer a hollogram again? Where did the woman come from and why did none of them question her poping up? And they are just acters from a show? Thats just poo.

I've been a huge fan since i was a kid, and have all of them over video and now dvd and have even been to a Smeg heads convo and met holly, robert and danny. But these new ones are just.. Well weak.

Christ
12-04-09, 12:07 PM
Its definatly not as good as the original but it was never going to be lets face facts. The second episode was far better than the first, It made me laugh out loud a few times, which by TV standards is pretty good TBH. The way they blatantly dropped the the tv chanel name into the scene on the bus was a bit naff mind you.

Emmy
12-04-09, 12:22 PM
Aw I missed it I remember watching it back in the day!!, Il need to try and catch the next one.

Pistol Pete
12-04-09, 03:16 PM
Wasnt a Red Dwarf fan the first time round, so wont be watching. Fail IMO.

Spudly
12-04-09, 04:37 PM
How very dare you, please go and wash your mouth out child:eek:

kelbelle
12-04-09, 05:31 PM
Gonna make some of you feel old but I remember when I was a kid I used to come downstairs at night and say I couldnt sleep and then watch it with my dad. Not watched the new ones yet tho

Stuart
12-04-09, 06:38 PM
Gonna make some of you feel old but I remember when I was a kid I used to come downstairs at night and say I couldnt sleep and then watch it with my dad. Not watched the new ones yet tho

so if youve not seen the new ones WTF did you vote non fail lol

MK999
12-04-09, 06:47 PM
To compensate for the fail of voting without seeing them! lol Fail karma is restored

kelbelle
12-04-09, 09:44 PM
Because I have full faith in the team lol

Just watched the last episode and it was ok actually! I had some laughs!

Jack
12-04-09, 09:57 PM
The dead horse has long since been flogged into oblivion.

I'm glad Spaced only has a small cult following. And that it wasn't shown on BBC as no doubt they would have gone balls-out to rape every possible penny out of that.

Lee
12-04-09, 11:23 PM
I am properly dissappointed. Without even mentioning the useless plot which has completely killed any magic that was left in the brand...

The writers have tried to wring out every last bit of each of the characters. ie.. the cat degenerated back to how he was in series 1 and 2, with the howling and the stupid dancing, completely forgetting he didnt do that series 3 onwards, Rimmer being far too annoying losing any subtlety he once had etc etc.

The kids on the bus mentioning Dave properly wrote it off for me if it wasn't already.

They've been struggling to make the film for years because they couldn't get the budget, im pretty sure the money for this crappy 3 parter would have gone a long way to at least getting the ball rolling.

As Stuart said at the beginning. Doug needs to stop and stop now. I bet Rob is properly cringing at what he's done to it.

:( Sad day

Spudly
13-04-09, 12:34 AM
Im with lee on this one i sat and watched tonights with rob and we were both looking at each other with expressions saying "wtf" afterwards tbh:cry:

Stuart
13-04-09, 07:32 AM
have to say the last half of last nights one was tolerable"but a little to "trying to be clever" in the explanation of the first two sheddy parts.

L14MNP
13-04-09, 10:55 AM
Hellllloo Spaced Ef Tea UU - Now just the small matter of Simon Pegg selling out now that he is best mates with Ross from Friends. lol

As for RD, I loved it in the past, even grew to accept S8 because a lot of the humour was still there (shame the models weren't, but they were absent in 7 too when the CGI started and that still rocked. No bazookoids was a crime though!

This Dave sh!t took the piss, it was like 'Back to Reality' in Series 6 (IIRC) with the despair squid as they rightly pointed out - was wondering when they would. lol

I am pleased that it did not end in the 'real' world though. As it seemed it was heading like the Doug Naylor RD novel 'Better than life'.
Carbug 1 made me laugh. When I saw the trailers I assumed that Dave had replaced the real Starbug with that as they are so fkn funny :roll:. I laughed a good six times in the 3 episodes probably lol.

Yeah, they ruined it. Now where's the film??!?!shift1?1 lol

What saved the day (breifly) was the lovely Russian hologram. Shameless t!t shots FTW :thumb:

Also, the Smeg ups/outs were not new, I have them on VHS - 'thanks' for taking up a much needed 1% on my HDD! lol and what was this crap about a series 10 they kept referring to? Negro plz, there wasn't even a 9 as we all know. Grant and Naylor were contracted to the BBC for 8 series and then they could have their movie deal...

kelbelle
13-04-09, 01:11 PM
Wow I have no idea what you just said lol

As for a film, they didnt even have enough money filming these 3 to buy the smart car so the producer or someone bought it out of his own money so a film is probably out of the question!

Hobbit
13-04-09, 01:29 PM
Im gutted really, im gonna just pretend the new the episodes never happened.

Jack
13-04-09, 04:18 PM
What saved the day (breifly) was the lovely Russian hologram. Shameless t!t shots FTW :thumb:
caps or it didn't happen

Jack
13-04-09, 11:46 PM
My God. That was the most painful thing i've watched EVER

General Baxter
13-04-09, 11:46 PM
i watched it last night,

WHAT A ****ING FAIL

L14MNP
14-04-09, 01:11 PM
She was hot though right? lol

Rysee
14-04-09, 01:14 PM
Fail but they needed to set it up for another series so waiting for that cus i can see winage

L14MNP
14-04-09, 01:18 PM
When Series 8 ended though it was set up for another lol. Rimmer finally overcome his weasel like personality and the 'Ace' in him stood up to the Grim Reaper and saved the day. As said on previous pages, every character has gone back to their early traits.

FCUK YOU DAVE lol - I don't like the channel anyway, as voice over man 'Chris Finch' forces his Ricky Gervais and Steven Merchantesque humour on you. All we want to know is what is on next ar$ehole. Save the sh!t banter! lol

dj_wudgey
14-04-09, 01:24 PM
i enjoyed the new series me thought they were funny!!

Rysee
14-04-09, 01:36 PM
When Series 8 ended though it was set up for another lol. Rimmer finally overcome his weasel like personality and the 'Ace' in him stood up to the Grim Reaper and saved the day. As said on previous pages, every character has gone back to their early traits.

FCUK YOU DAVE lol - I don't like the channel anyway, as voice over man 'Chris Finch' forces his Ricky Gervais and Steven Merchantesque humour on you. All we want to know is what is on next ar$ehole. Save the sh!t banter! lol

Ive seen loads of episodes but didnt watch them week in week out as i was too young

Dave can be gay but on the whole it is a good channel

Dar
14-04-09, 01:36 PM
i enjoyed the new series me thought they were funny!!
Me too! Maybe not quite as good as before but lots better than the other stuff on TV.

Nova_Sean
14-04-09, 01:48 PM
Red Dwarf has ruined Dave for me...whenever i am eating my supper i like to watch dave, but the last couple of days has been red dwarf all evening.

So therefore red dwarf fails

Retarded Dwarf syndrome - Its not big and its not clever :roll:

L14MNP
14-04-09, 03:21 PM
Dave has ruined Red Dwarf for me...
That's better. Also, you mean dwarF :thumb: