PDA

View Full Version : In Newcastle, where to go? where to avoid?

trackdaynova
11-04-09, 05:47 PM
In Newcastle for the weekend, dirty weekend away with the wife... anywhere to go/ avoid?

Currently in some hotel we just rolled up to with the view of the Millenium Bridge out the window :thumb:

Recommendations welcome

Cheers

Matt
11-04-09, 06:18 PM
My flat is just up from the Quay side!

If you want bars etc there's a couple of nice ones down on the Quay side or the main place is The Gate which is in town which is an indoor type thing with a few good bars. There's also a few round about it too on ther same street inc Tiger Tiger, Blu Bamboo, City Vaults which are usually woth a shout. If you're looking for some club action though Digital is the place!

trackdaynova
11-04-09, 06:27 PM
Ace, nice one Matt... we're in a hotel on Quayside itself :)

Already took 600 pics lol, so just downloading them onto laptop, to start over again :D

tom_beverley
11-04-09, 06:45 PM
Meet me for a drink :p I'm off out for a few with a mate (supposed to be out for 7pm lol)

Theres loads of good places, plenty of nice bars near the quayside (near where you are if you're near the bridges), depends what you're after really. I only moved up a couple of months ago so I'm not totally clued up on where to go and I'm usually half leathered so never remember where/how to get there lol

If you want a nice meal I'd certainly recommend Zizzi's (Italian) as its lovely inside and more importantly top notch food. Drink wise I'm sure you'll stumble across somewhere as theres LOTS to choose from.

Shame I don't know what you look like otherwise I'd have kept and eye out and said hello!

7ova
11-04-09, 06:50 PM
i've been to newcastle a few times on nights out
its a great place for a good drink
have a good one mate :thumb:

trackdaynova
11-04-09, 06:51 PM
Well I'll have my camera surgically attached to my right hand, and I look like this lol

http://www.neocapture.co.uk/_wp_generated/wp73e078f3.jpg

And as it happens, I have the same clothes on lol

tom_beverley
11-04-09, 07:00 PM
Will keep an eye out :thumb: Have a good night

trackdaynova
11-04-09, 07:04 PM
You aint getting away with it that easy - what do you look like? lol

AlanH
11-04-09, 08:56 PM
top night up the town, was last up with the mrs for her b/d end of last year. as tom said theres lots to choose from. depends what you're after really. quayside is usually a good laugh and not too much bother up there usually

trackdaynova
12-04-09, 12:14 AM
Had an awesome night, albeit not a late one.

Had meal in Azzuzzi, or something or other, which is next to the Travel Lodge or summut

Then went in a few bars and did some more photography

Southie
12-04-09, 12:20 AM
Your in waaaay too early the night will of only just started in Newcastle lol
Women are everywhere it's like a outside brothel lol

trackdaynova
12-04-09, 12:28 AM
Yup, I have plenty of pics of the flanges out on display... the wife was even pointing them out to me :D

Southie
12-04-09, 12:31 AM
Well done that man and better half lol 18+ section then with photography in a hd style with you taking them :D

Pillar
12-04-09, 12:34 AM
not st james park going off the results :(

tom_beverley
12-04-09, 06:34 PM
You aint getting away with it that easy - what do you look like? lolHaha, sorry matey i had to go out as i was already late. I cant put a pic on as i'm using t'interweb on my phone at the minute but if you look towards the end of the 'pictures of your mrs' thread in 18+ I'm on the pic with the missus. I kept an eye out last night but didn't see you, did notice the massive amount of talent on show though... Boy am i glad i moved up there lol

Benn
12-04-09, 09:03 PM
http://www.neocapture.co.uk/_wp_generated/wp73e078f3.jpg

So cute!

L14MNP
13-04-09, 02:02 AM
Yup, I have plenty of pics of the flanges out on display... the wife was even pointing them out to me :D
Bigg Market slappers lol