PDA

View Full Version : Help What Fuel Tank To Use With My Xe

Jamie D
11-04-09, 12:03 PM
i currently have an alloy fuel cell tank in my car, but it doesnt have a fuel sender unit so i havent a clue when im runing low on petrol and the tank doesnt seem too big :roll: anyway ive decided i want to fit a normal tank but dont know what to go for, would a spi tank work with my xe or would a mpi tank be better?? just need to know as im going to put a tank request up in the parts wated section. Im guessing the gsi tank would be best would i be right in thinking this?? Thanks People :thumb:

nova_saloon
11-04-09, 12:58 PM
Yes the gsi /gte tank are the best to use, you can use a carburettor tank but when you corner and it your running below qaurter tank then its tends to splutter and when pulling away to fast

AlexW
11-04-09, 01:01 PM
Depends if you want intank pump or external pump. GSI ones are external pump iirc. SPI ones are intank (can get the MPI pump from a corsa or astra)

General Baxter
11-04-09, 01:02 PM
spi tank with mpi pump is best :)

Jamie D
11-04-09, 04:57 PM
thanks for the replys guys :thumb: spi tank with mpi pump it shall be!!! the spi tanks are easyer to source and corsa's are plentyfull at scrap yards..i have never seen a gsi or gte in any of the scrapyards around my area and ive been quite alot with also owning a french car haha :)

bolton
15-04-09, 07:57 PM
corsa tanks are only 44 from montmoss milkybar

Pistol Pete
15-04-09, 08:02 PM
lol ^ you what?

L33 LEG
15-04-09, 08:47 PM
how much are you willing to pay for a mpi tank? iv got a spare one off a GSi here...

bolton
16-04-09, 08:38 PM
what pete?
im telling him tanks cost 44 brand new from a place local to him, and his name is milkybar kid

Rexy
16-04-09, 09:23 PM
lmfbo @ milkbarkid, jamie im going to start calling you that now.

Jamie D
17-04-09, 01:26 PM
milkybar kid haha thats my work name baz LMAOOOOOOO you mofo :D will the corsa tanks go straight on?, and do the ones from montmoss come with the fuel sender?? bazzer i cant belive youve revealed my work name im only speccy at work :mad:

Jamie D
17-04-09, 01:28 PM
i went scrappers the outher day and bought a mpi pump off an astra, so just need the tank now. YEY no more worying about runing out of fuel and carrying a jerry can :D

Rexy
17-04-09, 08:50 PM
corsa tanks dont fit Dont forget you may need some fuel lines now from something like a nova sri or make your own :D