PDA

View Full Version : Something for the rear bumper..

Breeny
17-01-03, 11:26 PM
Im after a small splitter for the rear bumper, anyone got any ideas?

Nothing stupid like axgt spolier stuck upside down... just want a small plain plastic strip underneith the bumper.

Think the best ive seen so far is on the mk2 golf driver front bumper, about a inch of black plastic...

Heeelp!

learchnovavan
17-01-03, 11:52 PM
me m8 nad a laguna splitter on his and it look quite tidy :o

Jim
17-01-03, 11:54 PM
Do you want to try and keep the contours of the GSi rear bumper? If so, it might be a bit tricky. I think Vauxhall have released a splitter for the new Astra, and one for the Corsa. Might be worth checking them out. Besides that, keep your eyes peeled for anything that you might think will work.

Jim

jon_boy
18-01-03, 12:50 PM
what i tried/ am trying, is the sr rubber boot spoilers. cut in half in centre. then cut off the bits that go up/down the boot (this is hard to explain). so your left with two l shapes. bugger. i cant explain it but muck bout with it, i got mine looking quite good, but gave up cos it got cold outside. gonna continue this summer :D

midsnovalad
18-01-03, 01:40 PM
Vauxhall Calibra Infinity rear difuser looks quite tidy. There is a feautre car on this site with it fitted. Looks good.

James B
18-01-03, 02:39 PM
im intrigued by the sound of this AXGT spoiler upside down, are there any pics of novas with this on? cant quite imagine it....!

James

Freak
18-01-03, 07:57 PM
Laguna splitter with vents is a possible...
But the best one if you want something subtle is the non vented laguna one....Just the ticjet..

Or go nuts and put a whacking great VR6 one under it like mine had....

bob
19-01-03, 04:50 PM
have a look on rich dales site, www.nova-bug.com theres someones 1.2 on there with a mk2 back bumper n a gte rear flick fitted, looks good I think

mikeoxford
19-01-03, 05:27 PM
http://www.novabug.co.uk/FeatureCars/Craig2jpg.html

http://www.novabug.co.uk/FeatureCars/Craig2.jpg

Breeny
19-01-03, 08:50 PM
That gte flick is still too much i think. Freak what lagunas did they non vented splitters come on?

mikeoxford
19-01-03, 09:20 PM
to be fair i ent to keen on that.

although ades 1.2 looks quite hot with the flick on - the laguna one sounds like a good otion, not that deep tho..........?

i duno how a seat ibiza one would look either - why would you have a vented bumper at the rear dont make sense does it?

Jim
20-01-03, 09:35 AM
Breeny, the Clio's come with a non-vented splitter. I'm not sure if it's as deep as the Laguna one, but it might be worth looking into. Also, you could have a look to see what the Espace splitter is like, it'll need a fair bit of cutting down to size.

Jim

mikeoxford
20-01-03, 10:20 AM
some clios come with vents like a mondeo one - just square cut outs, so be careful what you buy ;)

Will
20-01-03, 11:51 AM
mondeo splitter al the way, :D

i have one, lol

burgessovsalford
20-01-03, 11:51 AM
Anyone got any pic's of the laguna splitter on a nova bumper? not actually seen any. i think?

mikeoxford
20-01-03, 12:33 PM
:wink: thats y i thort of it will :roll: LOL