PDA

View Full Version : Too Low?

Paul
17-01-03, 07:25 PM
At the moment, i have steel 13's on my nova, it isnt lowered but it is fookin low considering this, about 3inches of the gorund. By the way it is a 1.4 SR, some people have sed to me that it is this low because of the wirght of the engine. It has the standard bumper on and a laguna splitter on at the moment. I want to get 15's on there and lower it -60mm's. However, i want it too be really low. I was thinking of doing a few things:

1) GSi front bumper with DTM splitter then laguna splitter.
2) SR bumper with DTM and laguna below it.

Which of these do you think would look better? I have never seen either of them done before, so i don't know exactly how low each would be, the laguna one flexes so it doesn't really matter whether it scrapes or not. Any advice or suggeustions are appreciated.

Jim
17-01-03, 11:57 PM
Personnaly I think having two splitters on the car would be a bit much and I don't think what your suggesting would look right. What I'd do is get some custom springs made up and give yourself an 80mm drop or more. The only problem with going so low is speed bumps, also, your handling may be affected, and not necessarily in a good way.

Jim

Paul
18-01-03, 11:26 AM
Well, I have never seen it done before and its always nice to see something different being done on a car which is so notorious for being modded. I might just gow with a seat and a laguna splitter.