PDA

View Full Version : c20xe sbd exhaust manifold heating up the rad ?

novaxe235
10-04-09, 07:00 PM
right nova c20xe new water pump stat has been removed (temporarily to see if this was the problem) new rad (standard) all water pipes etc have been cleaned to make sure the water flows nice. the problem I'm having is on idle the temp is fine when driving slowly (low revs) temp is fine as soon as the you pick the revs up the temp starts to rise , the car was fine the only thing Ive changed is the exhaust manifold to a sbd "type c" i didn't heat wrap the manifold and I'm thinking it could be heating up the water flowing through the rad anyone had this problem or anyone think this is possible . thanks for any help in advance .:thumb:also has no heater fitted matrix etc was removed.

R1CH
10-04-09, 07:04 PM
I wouldn't have thought so, LET's run fine and everythings a bit more crammed in than on an XE, plus Turbo's get rather warm !!

novaxe235
10-04-09, 07:11 PM
I wouldn't have thought so, LET's run fine and everythings a bit more crammed in than on an XE, plus Turbo's get rather warm !!yeah never thought of that cant see to cool the thing down I'm getting a bit annoyed with it now.

Pistol Pete
10-04-09, 07:26 PM
Rad fan cutting in?

novaxe235
10-04-09, 07:37 PM
Rad fan cutting in?in all the time on ignition front mounted rst fan as well.

Sloth
10-04-09, 07:55 PM
is the rad fan sucking air thru the rad the wrong way? common mistake... check ya wiring.

novaxe235
10-04-09, 07:58 PM
is the rad fan sucking air thru the rad the wrong way? common mistake... check ya wiring.blowing cold air through,from the bumper side through to the engine say

MARTIN KELSON
11-04-09, 09:45 AM
Air lock in the water system?
Leave engine running without the header tank cap on and see if any air bubbles through maybe???

Martin

novaxe235
11-04-09, 09:50 AM
Air lock in the water system?
Leave engine running without the header tank cap on and see if any air bubbles through maybe???

Martinyep try-ed this yesterday and seemed to work left it idling for about an hour then took it up the road only about 500 yards and the temp started rising straight away i thought it maybe the head gasket but it runs fine,revs up fine,and drives fine i would of thought it would run rough or something if it were the head gasket.

Geordie-Chris
11-04-09, 06:40 PM
How high does the temp get?? Will it boil over if left? Possible water pump failure, do all the hoses get hot etc??

novaxe235
11-04-09, 06:49 PM
How high does the temp get?? Will it boil over if left? Possible water pump failure, do all the hoses get hot etc??on idle it sits at half way on standard gsi clocks if driven a bit spirted for half a mile or so then it rises to about three quaters.i then calm it down and let the temp drop back down water pump is new or only 400 miles old all hoses and rad are hot all the way through it wouldnt boil over on idle but if driven for some distance then it would.

Geordie-Chris
06-05-09, 11:08 PM
Did you ever sus this out? Have only just seen your reply, sounds like an air flow problem thru the rad. Anything blocking it?

ST-eater
07-05-09, 02:10 AM
i have a similar problem, ive replaced the rad, temp sensor, thermostat, temp sendor, fan switch,,,, been told it could be a dodgy temp gauge...