PDA

View Full Version : cleaning seats

midsnovalad
17-01-03, 06:48 PM
Ive just gone to the scrappy and come back with a set of GTE seats for ?50. Problem is... theyre filthy dirty and dont smell to good (musty etc...). Also you can see the clips that join the corners together (knda hard to explain) where your ass sits and the bit that comes up, does anyone know how i can sort them out? And whats the best way to clean them? Also, the head rests are fucked, i put my cav ones in it, but they dont stay at the height i want them at they just slip back down again. Any help apreciated, cheers.

Matt

(sorry about length)

Anton
17-01-03, 06:57 PM
you can get special fabric cleaning foam from most car shops :D

mikeoxford
17-01-03, 06:57 PM
simoniz dri-clean - spelt exactly like that

best product i could find - spray on, leave to foam up, when gooing down sponge off

pish easy

as for the corner bits i assume u mean the top of the plastic triangle has broken off?

must be SO common on novas!

just pull em off and put new ones on - not that expensiv from vaux or try a scrappy

as for headrests, maybe the guides are buggered? theyre cheap from vaux too. i can find the pt number on the EPC if u require

hth 8)
mike

midsnovalad
17-01-03, 07:02 PM
Cheers for the help lads.
I think the guides are buggered, are they easy to remove from the seat? and that part number would be helpfull mike, cheers mate.

As for the corner bits, you know where the two materials join, there are little metal clips protuding, which you can clearly see joins the two parts of material together, what i wanna know is how do i hide them clips as my mates dont show. Hope you know what i mean. Any help apreciated. Cheers

locky
18-01-03, 02:18 AM
Use a vax cleaner, they'll get em clean! may take 2 washes!/sucks!

mikeoxford
19-01-03, 10:55 AM
lockys way is good - but dont expect to use the seats for a day or so as theyll need a good dry!

by far an easy option though, probly more thorough too

the simoniz cleaner works well VERY well, but it takes a bit of work! as aposed to laid back approach of a vac!