PDA

View Full Version : Theiving little twunts

Awright90
09-04-09, 11:30 PM
4 days i've had my nova and already somebody's tried to steal it. (twice)
Whats the fascination with chavs stealing novas?

bmw156
09-04-09, 11:31 PM
4 days i've had my nova and already somebody's tried to steal it. (twice)
Whats the fascination with chavs stealing novas?

you havent even got me carpets to put in it yet lol.

and do you have an alarm fitted??

might deter them??

cant have nothing these days.

Mike
09-04-09, 11:34 PM
There easy picking and such a **** car most never get reported stolen.

Its only the same as saying whats the fascination owning one :thumb:

Awright90
09-04-09, 11:37 PM
I know i'm going to end up with carpets and no car lol
And no i don't the car's been stripped of almost everything but the tweeters on the dash, I bought it as a project so i wasn't that bothered but i guess i was wrong there lol
I'm in the middle of digging my own driveway so that'll hopefully make it harder to steal.
What kind of alarm system would you recommend for a low budget?

Mike
09-04-09, 11:38 PM
What kind of alarm system would you recommend for a low budget?

5lb Lump Hammer if your on a pikey budget?

Asa-James
09-04-09, 11:38 PM
most of this lot swear by cliffords, but on a budget you could probably get away with an argos/halfords special

L33 LEG
09-04-09, 11:41 PM
this is the reason my nova will never be parked anywhere other than my house (in a garage) or at work (under a forecourt full of cameras). novas are way too early to nick :(

Awright90
09-04-09, 11:41 PM
most never get reported stolen.

Its a shame too, they most often get burnt out in a field somewhere, there's a burnt out nova and a mondeo within walking distance of my house lol

AlexW
09-04-09, 11:42 PM
£100 to spend and can solder joints? :D Piss easy

Mike
09-04-09, 11:43 PM
Its a shame too, they most often get burnt out in a field somewhere, there's a burnt out nova and a mondeo within walking distance of my house lol

Loads of cars get nicked and torched every day, I dont see what the issue is TBH? Both of mine have been stolen/recovered since in my ownership.

Andy
09-04-09, 11:45 PM
you need to march around your estate naked with a stihl saw,
that will deter them

Spudly
09-04-09, 11:46 PM
that will deter them

Lmfao, didnt we do similar stuff at heroin island lol

Awright90
09-04-09, 11:47 PM
£100 to spend and can solder joints? :D Piss easy

I don't even have £100 at the moment to spend lol just spent all my money on the car/driveway/carpets and need the rest to live on haha.
It'll be 2 weeks before any more spending goes on :(

Awright90
09-04-09, 11:49 PM
that will deter them

Haha that'd more than likely attract more of them asking questions like "eyaaah mate, why ya naked? dik eeddd" lol

Jack
09-04-09, 11:49 PM
Just pick up a cheap ebay alarm. Most are dead easy to fit

Awright90
09-04-09, 11:52 PM

Thats probably gonna be my best bet unfortunately, just hope its not broken if i do end up buying one

Andy
09-04-09, 11:52 PM
I am alarming like that for cheapo lol

brainsnova
09-04-09, 11:53 PM
buy a snake.

stupot89
10-04-09, 12:03 AM
just take the wheels off and leave it on bricks then they carnt steal it :thumb: :thumb:

Awright90
10-04-09, 12:07 AM
just take the wheels off and leave it on bricks then they carnt steal it :thumb: :thumb:

haha thats probably what i'll have to do till i have a bit more cash to spend on an alarm and immobiliser lol it's not being driven at the moment anyway lol

dj_wudgey
10-04-09, 01:05 AM
5lb Lump Hammer if your on a pikey budget?

fpmsl dude!! ive got a clifford concept 650 was quitre expensive but id recomend one to any one!!

keithrg
10-04-09, 12:30 PM
I use a £60 steering lock exstreme. covers centre nut and touch wood in the 6 years I had it. Its always someone else's car thats been nicked. At home it was in lock up it camera's and house house alarm sensor fitted, at work where I could see it and super market car parks. It was broken into once when I left it outside for 20mins no damage and alarm scared them off. I had left a christmas present on passenger seat. douh. If we go anywhere we normally take the Skoda lol.

~~joycey~~
10-04-09, 01:01 PM
I use a £60 steering lock exstreme. covers centre nut and touch wood in the 6 years I had it. Its always someone else's car thats been nicked. At home it was in lock up it camera's and house house alarm sensor fitted, at work where I could see it and super market car parks. It was broken into once when I left it outside for 20mins no damage and alarm scared them off. I had left a christmas present on passenger seat. douh. If we go anywhere we normally take the Skoda lol.

*******s :mad:

robertdevlin69
10-04-09, 01:10 PM
wrap a big chain around the base of the seat and steering wheel as a deterant and take the rotor arm out of the dizzy

matt_vaughan
11-04-09, 12:01 PM
If I'm leaving mine for any length of time, I just remove the coil lead, once forgot and got in, tried starting it, turning over, got uber pissed off then suddenly realised :D

dj_wudgey
11-04-09, 12:05 PM
ive got a cat one on mine and i still wont leave it any where really!! stays at home ill park outside afew off my mates houses but i wont like leave it and go shoping or anything where i cant see it sod that lol

NovaLad
08-05-09, 08:24 PM
Buy a clamp and clamp your car every night.

twistysnovagte
08-05-09, 08:30 PM
as jack said,if money is tight atm and you cannot buy and have someone install your alarm!(thats if you cant fit yourself)then just take a few leads off under the bonnet,just remember to put them on in the morning lol

General Baxter
08-05-09, 08:33 PM
its allready got a clamp on, see his other thread lol

twistysnovagte
08-05-09, 08:37 PM
its allready got a clamp on, see his other thread lolLMFAO baxter

NovaLad
08-05-09, 08:40 PM
its allready got a clamp on, see his other thread lol
So what's the problem lol

General Baxter
08-05-09, 08:48 PM
the goverment, put it on lol

brainsnova
08-05-09, 08:56 PM
my mate caught a theif bending a door back last night and released his anger about his door being bent back a few years back and sorted him then called the police to pick him up. result.

jimbob-mcgrew
09-05-09, 01:20 PM
drill and bolt some big ass hooks into the ground and chain your car to the floor