PDA

View Full Version : i am so f*cking p*ssed right now!!!

dj_wudgey
08-04-09, 05:43 PM
taxed my car last friday been useing it a few days. it started running **** yesterday wondering why there is no water left in it after i toped it up friday

the ****ing cylinder head gasket is gone!! at this moment i feel like running head first into a brick wall i am soo angry i feel im going to burst!!

ade
08-04-09, 05:47 PM
Thats shi1te matey - really feel for you. At least you can sort it - providing you have the fundage...few hundred should sort it easy enough...

JordyzNova
08-04-09, 05:47 PM
pmsl!! its all part of owning a Nova :D

dj_wudgey
08-04-09, 05:50 PM
well the engine in it i put in a few years back when the big end bearings went in the origional one i just swaped the engines over so im rebuilding the origional engine out the car now lol

thanks lads it should be sorted quickly but just a real pain thanks again lads!!

ade
08-04-09, 05:52 PM
lol - know what you mean re being a pain - I dropped my Nova off at the garage earlier for a general check and to fit the weber carb - turns out I cant fit the carb and the hoses are shagged!

I had to cycle 4 miles up and down hills to get to the car to collect her - cost me £40 (which I dont mind because the guy told me more than Vauxhall ever did) and I'm absolutely shattered!

So unfit!

Stuart
08-04-09, 05:52 PM
tax refund and chill the hell out. there are worse things in life chap

Graeme
08-04-09, 05:53 PM
I changed the head gasket on my 1.2 for thirty quid and it was done in four hours and I really cr@p with engines

Andy
08-04-09, 05:54 PM
Fukkin hell is that it?!
I was expecting to read summat bad.

dj_wudgey
08-04-09, 06:02 PM
tax refund and chill the hell out. there are worse things in life chap

true matey i barely use her its just when i want it its nakard!!

and andy its bad enough mate!! i have a interview tomorow and the only way there is my car!!

ill not use it for work ect but no one is around to take me tomorow

oh and ade yea sounds like you had a fun one today aswell im like that now unfit lol

valvercorsa
08-04-09, 06:10 PM
just keep it topped up with water, carry a bottle with you ;) unless its gone really bad. head gasgets aint that bad when you think about it head off within an hour its just skim, head bolts and gasget that adds up. cost me less than £30 because i can skim heads myself. would skim your head for you mate but would cost you more to get over here lol

dj_wudgey
08-04-09, 06:12 PM
just keep it topped up with water, carry a bottle with ya ;) unless its gone really bad. head gasgets aint that bad when ya think about it head off within an hour its just skim etc that adds up. cost me less than £30 because i can skim heads myself. would skim ya head for ya mate but would cost you more to get over here lol

cheers dude im changing the engine's though i have the origional lump from the car in the shed as the bottom end let go a wile back now i shall rebuild that!! yea i think i am going to use it to get me to the interview f*ck it lol

thanks matey!!:thumb:

AlexW
08-04-09, 06:17 PM
You think thats bad?! Id like you see do my 16v one. 8v's are PISS easy

valvercorsa
08-04-09, 06:20 PM

guess yours is ecotec lol there the devil. inlets are worse thing ever on them.

dj_wudgey
08-04-09, 06:21 PM

im a mechanic matey lol done them on all sorts before just cant be botherd to do this as the engine is ****!! im not doing the head gasket im rebuilding the origional engine from the car (the bottom end went) and putting that back in!!

valvercorsa
08-04-09, 06:31 PM
thats the worse thing about working with cars, when you get home or a spare few days last thing you want to do is get greased up in ya own car lol

unless your excited about a new project getting to completed stage :D

Fridge
08-04-09, 06:31 PM
I took my nova for it's MOT last week, it failed on a couple of things but i spent last weekend sorting them (Which incidentaly took 2 days instead of the 3 hours i thought it would as, among other things, one of my brake lines was seized into the wheel cylinder). So on Monday i ring up to book the re-test for friday, feeling very happy about it all. Then, last night, i drive 2 miles down the road and hear a knocking noise developing. A loud knocking noise that goes faster when the revs increase and slows when they drop (You can see where this is going). So i pull over. Open the bonnet to a cloud of blue smoke (It's a diesel but it's not that bad!)

Balls

Turned the engine off and it won't go again (surprisingly)

So i got towed back to the hospital in Essex where i'm on a placement and the van is sat outside now.

So now what do i do?!?!

I have a 1.7td engine already to go in, but it's 3 hours drive away at my parents place in the midlands!!! And so is everything else i'd need like engine crane, etc....

I'm not ready to give up on it yet but how the hell do i get it back without paying a fourtune?

Sorry to hi-jack the thread, i was gong to start my own but i was too pissed off to bother and then i saw yours and i thought "Misery loves company"

dj_wudgey
08-04-09, 06:37 PM
thats the worse thing about working with cars, when you get home or a spare few days last thing you want to do is get greased up in ya own car lol

unless your excited about a new project getting to completed stage :D

yea its **** like the last thing i wanted to do is work on mine after all day on other cars but im unemployed at the moment so thats not a problem lol

valvercorsa
08-04-09, 06:38 PM
FRIDGE
use your mam's car lol

dj_wudgey
08-04-09, 06:42 PM
I took my nova for it's MOT last week, it failed on a couple of things but i spent last weekend sorting them (Which incidentaly took 2 days instead of the 3 hours i thought it would as, among other things, one of my brake lines was seized into the wheel cylinder). So on Monday i ring up to book the re-test for friday, feeling very happy about it all. Then, last night, i drive 2 miles down the road and hear a knocking noise developing. A loud knocking noise that goes faster when the revs increase and slows when they drop (You can see where this is going). So i pull over. Open the bonnet to a cloud of blue smoke (It's a diesel but it's not that bad!)

Balls

Turned the engine off and it won't go again (surprisingly)

So i got towed back to the hospital in Essex where i'm on a placement and the van is sat outside now.

So now what do i do?!?!

I have a 1.7td engine already to go in, but it's 3 hours drive away at my parents place in the midlands!!! And so is everything else i'd need like engine crane, etc....

I'm not ready to give up on it yet but how the hell do i get it back without paying a fourtune?

Sorry to hi-jack the thread, i was gong to start my own but i was too pissed off to bother and then i saw yours and i thought "Misery loves company"

jesus mate my problems not that bad its just getting to my interview tomorow! to be honest though unless you know some one with a trailer or a frame its probrably going to be expensive!! some kosovan brought my mate a golf from down south for pretty cheap cant remeber how much it was though!!

Rich
08-04-09, 07:00 PM
Headgasket set and bolts and away you go, really not bad on an 8v. I blew the headgasket on my redtop nova twice (first time i yeehaaaa'd it up lol). Went right before a show both times :(

Spudly
08-04-09, 07:03 PM
Wow, i was expecting to see "some twunts wrote my SR off" or "shes been stolen" not "oh my h/g has popped" you puddin get ya fix on and get her sorted lol

Fridge
08-04-09, 07:13 PM
Valver: Can't mate, i moved out years ago! I'm 29 and i live in London and she lives in the midlands! The only reason i have stuff at my parents house is that i don't have a garage of my own!

dj: You are absolutly right mate, the car only cost me £300! But the problem is i'v developed an un-natural attachment to the car. It's like a pet or a child. When i took it for the MOT i got really pissed off that some guy judged my car to be not road worthy. How dare he! It was like getting a bad report card from your kids school!

Also, i hate throwing the towel in and especially when i have a perfectly good (and BIGGER!) engine avaliable - i just can't give up yet.
I'm not bothered about getting around as i live right by where i'm working at the moment and i can use my girlfriends car to get about.

dj_wudgey
08-04-09, 07:24 PM
Wow, i was expecting to see "some twunts wrote my SR off" or "shes been stolen" not "oh my h/g has popped" you puddin get ya fix on and get her sorted lol

im rebuilding the origional engine back up its allready in the shed in bits needs some shell bearings some gaskets and im away!!

ive calmed down quite some now and im not that botherd i was going to rebuild the engine and put it back in!! any way its a excuse to do it sooner now lol

but yea spud she'll be back out soon!! it will definately have to be a dirty ford for york if my mate is still going!!

dj_wudgey
08-04-09, 07:26 PM
Valver: Can't mate, i moved out years ago! I'm 29 and i live in London and she lives in the midlands! The only reason i have stuff at my parents house is that i don't have a garage of my own!

dj: You are absolutly right mate, the car only cost me £300! But the problem is i'v developed an un-natural attachment to the car. It's like a pet or a child. When i took it for the MOT i got really pissed off that some guy judged my car to be not road worthy. How dare he! It was like getting a bad report card from your kids school!

Also, i hate throwing the towel in and especially when i have a perfectly good (and BIGGER!) engine avaliable - i just can't give up yet.
I'm not bothered about getting around as i live right by where i'm working at the moment and i can use my girlfriends car to get about.

well if its like that matey keep her!! save up and send her home!! im like that though id never get rid off my sr no matter how much work it needed fortunately its not that much!!

Pistol Pete
08-04-09, 07:52 PM
Its a head gasket failure...nothing major. Couple of hours to fix, tops. Count to ten in future, no use losing your rag over it, trust me on that one. Gets you no where fast!

Good luck for the job interview BTW.

robertdevlin69
08-04-09, 07:56 PM
your a mechanic but you let it run out of water??

GRUNT 16V
08-04-09, 08:01 PM
Stop Efing Crying And Get It Fixed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In The Time You Have Wasted Writing All The Replys You Could Have Stripped It Down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And Have It Back On The Road Tommorow Night !:D

Joe Richardson
08-04-09, 09:31 PM
unlucky mate,im sure you will get it sorted:thumb:

blue_peg_16v
08-04-09, 10:22 PM
thats **** mate

arnt novas great started mine last week to take it for the mot and the fooking let started missing so canceled mot gonna have a look at it this weekend

nothing ever runs smooth with a nova

Tim-SR
08-04-09, 11:47 PM
thats propper crap mate that!

if you need a hand or anything you know im willing to come and help you seeing as though im learning it at college :)

hope it gets sorted soon mate!

dj_wudgey
09-04-09, 12:18 PM
Its a head gasket failure...nothing major. Couple of hours to fix, tops. Count to ten in future, no use losing your rag over it, trust me on that one. Gets you no where fast!

Good luck for the job interview BTW.

yea i know matey i have to do that from time to time lol cars eh!! but thats true gets you know where fast!!

oh and thanks allot about the interview matey ive got the job liek and i havent been yet and my mates told me ive got it so im going to get those coilovers now but fook it im going to get coilovers all round!!

thanks again mate!!

dj_wudgey
09-04-09, 12:22 PM
your a mechanic but you let it run out of water??

i toped it up on the day i re taxed it!! then it started running like sh*t so i checked the water there was none there lol put some in to see where it was leaking from and it was'nt then though poo!! took off the filler cap and mayo for the lads lol

grunt - im rebuilding the origional engine from the car its allready in buits and my mums got the all the bits i need orderd today she's a star isnt she lol should be sorted soon though!! thanks mate!!

blue peg - thats owning novas for you though eh matey lol never goes smooth well i hope you get yours sorted aswell mate as stated above ive got all the bits i need already here or on the way so wont be long and its sorted!! thanks matey hope yours gets sorted soon!!

edit i have nearly all the parts now!!! just cam follwers ect and head bots!! but i have all the gaskets all the shells for the bottom end ect so she will be up and running in a few days!!

tim - thanks allot matey i may take you up on that one like!! fortunately the other day i randomly started striping the engine in the shed for a rebuild good job now eh!! im using the one in the shed beacause the in it now is getting piston slap when its cold so ill just rebuild the other!!

joe - ohh dont you worry lad it will be sorted soon enough lol ill put some pictures to how far ive got with the engine now in a wile after my interview!! thanks mate!!

7ova
09-04-09, 11:15 PM
im a mechanic matey lol done them on all sorts before just cant be botherd to do this as the engine is ****!! im not doing the head gasket im rebuilding the origional engine from the car (the bottom end went) and putting that back in!!

how did your interview go, which garage did you work at ?
good luck with the engine rebuild mate

dj_wudgey
10-04-09, 01:08 AM
worked mainly tyre fitting like worked in a shady garage in rosso for abit like lol

well ive got most off the bits sorted likeso shouldent take long but as stated im rebulding a differant lump so i may paint it first aswell thanks though buddy!!