PDA

View Full Version : Mutli Car Policys

Mike
08-04-09, 03:45 PM
How do they work?

1 driver owns 2 cars, yet do multi car policies let me use my no claims bonus on both cars????

Jack
08-04-09, 04:12 PM
Effectively, yes.

Most companies will either give you a discount or mirror your NCB across the two vehicles though if you have both insured with them. Sky mirror my NCB from the Celica onto the Nova.

Mike
08-04-09, 04:13 PM
Effectively, yes.

Most companies will either give you a discount or mirror your NCB across the two vehicles though if you have both insured with them. Sky mirror my NCB from the Celica onto the Nova.

Superb. So my 4 years NCB will be mirrored from my work hack to my rice burner?

Jack
08-04-09, 04:17 PM
Yep, if you ask them nicely lol

Assuming both insured with Sky (plug plug :D)

Mike
08-04-09, 04:21 PM
Yeah both will be, well both will have to be. Did they insist on you having any particular security shizzle for the Toyota?

How much you pay for both cars anyway jack?

Jack
08-04-09, 04:29 PM
At the moment £320 for the Nova, £350 for the Celica. Nova is limited mileage TPFT, but the celica is a FC business usage policy with protected NCB.

I think they did ask for proof of an alarm on the Celica, yeas (its a DIY ebay jobber).

Stuart
08-04-09, 04:51 PM
admiral multi car kinda mirrored my NCB, but then Carly has nearly the same NCB as me so we put hers on the astra, mine on the VX and joint mirrored it to the Nova.. £625 FC on the Astra/VX and tpft on the nova FTW!!!!

skyinsurance
08-04-09, 05:10 PM
First of all: You can only use NCB on one car at at time.

Whilst multi car policies are good, they are not suited for everyone, especially if one or more of the cars is modified.

Sky Insurance do not offer multi car policies but we can usually beat the prices offered by companies that do.

We would insure the cars on different policies but if you only have one set of NCB free to use, we can 'mirror' the NCB over to the other car (s). Effectively you are starting again on the second car with 0 years NCB BUT we would give you the equivelant discount that you would have had if the NCB was fee to use on the second car.. Hard to explain but does that make sense?

I have 3 vehicles insured, paying around the grand mark, engine (2.0 Turbo) converted Mk1 Mr2, 02 Corolla T Sport and a standard 1985 Mk1 Mr2.

Regards

Ollie

Mike
08-04-09, 05:24 PM
Thanks for clearing that up cheif :D have replied to your PM aswell :thumb:

Mike
08-04-09, 05:54 PM
Fantastic Ollie!! Yoour colleaque has called me back, slashed in half the present premium im paying on my work hack AND undercut all the qoutes I had last year on the Toyota!!

skyinsurance
08-04-09, 05:59 PM
Happy days

General Baxter
08-04-09, 06:29 PM
i found that its all bollox lol

£1240 for both cars on one policy

or £500 for the troll and £270 for the nova one sep policy's, lol

Riggy
08-04-09, 07:57 PM
admiral were good for me , just put my misses punto on with my astra and they knocked 300 of the punto and refunded 170 on my astra :thumb:

Dar
08-04-09, 10:31 PM
I've just put all my cars on a multi car policy and saved loads! Happy days. Well worth the effort.

sparkie1401
09-04-09, 09:20 AM
i found the multi car from admiral to be a load of nonesense

i inquired 4 my parents two cars in january and it was a lot more expensive than getting a seperate policy for each car