PDA

View Full Version : corsa clock & temp dash in mk2 nova?

burgessovsalford
17-01-03, 11:12 AM
on the MK1 corsa, they have got a console in the middle of the dash what shows the time & the temperature it is outside. Can these be modded to fit a mk2 nova dash? has anyone done it? or know of any guides that show how 2 do do?

All comments welcome.....

cheers.
Burgess

Alex
17-01-03, 11:39 AM
im sure they can be. you will have to find the sensor that tests the temperature on the outside though

mikeoxford
17-01-03, 05:23 PM
yes they can

find yourself a corsa with one in as you WONT buy it from vaux FAR to expensive

i have a link to the wiring details here sumwhere

piece of pi$$

the air temp sensor on the corsa is just on the underside of the front bumper.

mikeoxford
17-01-03, 05:23 PM
i was going to do that mad - got all the bits n pieces here.

just dont know exactly where and when to install it yet :S

burgessovsalford
17-01-03, 05:31 PM
ye I looking at my mk2 dash.... digi clocks looking good, then u av got ur outdated normal clock on the mk2 dash!! The corsa digital clock would look good, & there in the same type of place so think it would be that hard.

Do you know if this console thing would fit into a MK2 dash tho as I think the wiring can be done fairly easy?

mikeoxford
17-01-03, 05:35 PM
well obviously +ve and -ve for the wiring is there

then i think there is two wires for the air temp

ill find the link now and have a look

brb

mikeoxford
17-01-03, 05:50 PM
the wires on the corsa unit are as follows (please remember to cut a bit of loom off the corsa with it)

red +12v
brown earth
black ignition
grey sidelights
blue and blue/white temp sensor.

apart from that every other wire (quite a few) just trim them RIGHT down and tape em. dont need any

if you buy yourself a good quality, but standard vauxhall radio you can wire it up so it displays the freqeuncy eg 96.4 FM in there when radio is on - but obviously u prob dont wana do that.

locky
18-01-03, 02:20 AM
Burgess u no u sed in the middle of the dash did ya mean in the middle at the top? sounds like a good mod!

burgessovsalford
20-01-03, 09:44 AM
Thanks for them details Mike they will be a great help!

Locky, Yeah At the top in the middle & it would be a good mod, but think it mite b more difficult than it sounds, not the wiring but installing it. Gunna go to the scrappy tho end of the month(payday!!) & try get hold of one an c how it goes.

Anyone actually done this mod??????