PDA

View Full Version : My car is suffocating!

ade
08-04-09, 03:05 PM
lol

Been told the SR's gort cholesterol and needs new breather pipes if shes ever to run properly again. theyre crammed with gunk and sludge apparantly and some a perished.

So need a frew points answering -

1. I'm looking to get a set of Samco hoses - seen some on Christ Astley's website - £90 for ancillary pipes and £75 for coolant pipes.
Is this reasonable. I've called my local Vauxhall dealer and await their reply for standard set...

2. Anyone know if the inlet manifold for a 1.4 is the same as a 1.3?
I have a weber carb but the inlet on mr SR's only got 3 points where the weber needs 4 points to mount. I have a spare 1.4 manifold but dont want to start ripping bits off the engine if the damn thing is different!

3. Failing the weber carb not fitting - anyone know where I can source a recon'd piebers 2e3 auto choke?

:roll:

Need fairly urgently althnough the new house I'm moving to means I can walk to the train - just cant be ar$ed

lol

ade
08-04-09, 03:22 PM
Vauxhall can only see 2 hoses on their systems?!?

The standard ancillary hose pics on CA's website shows 8 alone!

lol

MK999
08-04-09, 03:45 PM
are you sure they're not looking at an "ancillary hose" and a "coolant hose" and are just a bit special? lol

AlexW
08-04-09, 03:47 PM
lol The inlet ports are different but iirc a 1.3 carb will fit onto a 1.4 manifold so that should be sweet.

Breater pipes id just get some new bits of rubber, iirc its only like 3 pipes?

sport
08-04-09, 04:13 PM
You will be cheaper buying aftermarket silicone hoses although youve chosen the dearest make in samco to go for. lol

16v Nova Kev
08-04-09, 04:23 PM
ade the motor factors down my way sell rubber pipe in all the sizes you would need to make a set yourself for cheapness

dj_wudgey
08-04-09, 05:47 PM
i use a guy called hose direct down here he has all sorts off differant size silicone piping i think he'd send it out aswel!! and hes pretty cheap!!

ade
08-04-09, 05:57 PM
lol The inlet ports are different but iirc a 1.3 carb will fit onto a 1.4 manifold so that should be sweet.

Breater pipes id just get some new bits of rubber, iirc its only like 3 pipes?

Alex - I'm not sure I follow you re the inlet ports - if theyre different why would I boilt the 1.3 carb (weber 32/34) onto the manifold if it wont fit?
:wtf:

feel free to PM me details re hoses chums! I'm up for cheapness on the hoses as long as theyre decent quality. Ilike the silicone ones but if anyone can recommend any alternatives to Samco I'm interested...

Ade

dj_wudgey
08-04-09, 06:05 PM
Alex - I'm not sure I follow you re the inlet ports - if theyre different why would I boilt the 1.3 carb (weber 32/34) onto the manifold if it wont fit?

feel free to PM me details re hoses chums! I'm up for cheapness on the hoses as long as theyre decent quality. Ilike the silicone ones but if anyone can recommend any alternatives to Samco I'm interested...

Ade

ill try dig his card out or if you remind me tomorow i can ask hose direct how much for a set made my mates for his rs turbo and was well cheaper than samco!!

AlexW
08-04-09, 06:19 PM

Ade

The inlet ports to the head i mean. The other end should be the same. As you problery know the 1.4 uses the 2E3 carb aswell.

General Baxter
08-04-09, 06:27 PM
ade, theres an adaptor plate to fit the carb to the manifolds

mikey14sr
08-04-09, 07:13 PM
As above Ade, you need an adapter plate to fit the carb. When I enquired with webcon a few years ago they were about £35. You remove the three studs, lay the adapter on top of a new gasket then use one adapter stud (small thread one end, M8 at the other) and two small hex bolts to hold that onto the manifold. Then you fit three more M8 studs to the adapter and slide on the carb with another gasket in between.

ade
08-04-09, 10:41 PM
Cheers Mikey - I spoke to webcon and they were going to send email to me with details but havent bothered as yet...

I'll chase them tomorrow...

thanks for the help guys.

dj_wudgey
09-04-09, 12:41 PM
i cant find hose direct's number ade i will get intouch with them for you at some point this day for a price on a hose set matey if you still want one!!

dj_wudgey
09-04-09, 12:45 PM
ade i spoke to him and i can get all 11 hoses for £143.66 ill be getting some made up aswell now lol!!

samco do half the kit for about the price off his full one!!

Ash
09-04-09, 06:09 PM
Chris Astleys are Roose stuff, really nice stuff. Also look at www.siliconhoses.com (http://www.siliconhoses.com) they do car 'kits'

Joe Richardson
09-04-09, 11:22 PM
i use a guy called hose direct down here he has all sorts off differant size silicone piping i think he'd send it out aswel!! and hes pretty cheap!!

doe's he do crome pipes aswell mate,I know a couple of lads from rotherham that have been there i think,and they said they were good !

dj_wudgey
10-04-09, 01:04 AM
yea he does yea he does all sortes mate!!