PDA

View Full Version : Anti Virus

Andy_L
08-04-09, 02:33 PM
Free AVG is running out and I don't really want to have to pay for anti-virus, however if I have to I shall.

Any good recommendations??

Prey
08-04-09, 03:38 PM
id recommend avast home - its free (just need to register) from avast.com

MattBrown
08-04-09, 03:48 PM
Just download avg free again, or crack it?

Also, get hold of spybot- search and destroy!

:thumb:

Jack
08-04-09, 04:05 PM
Support for older versions is running out, so you just need the new version which is still free. Bear in mind the new version has a process called avgsxr or something which often runs rouge and eats system resources.

I recommend Malware Bytes and Avast. I've gone off AVG since it became a flabby fat program

phazer
08-04-09, 05:31 PM
Another vote for Avast here.

craig green
09-04-09, 04:57 PM
I found AVG a pain once it ran out & needed installing again.

NORTON is deffo a no-no.

twin40s
09-04-09, 05:05 PM
avast

brainsnova
09-04-09, 05:20 PM
just stay on safe sites lol i have avg and spyware doc and nothing is ever found.

Mazz
10-04-09, 09:09 AM
Free AVG is running out and I don't really want to have to pay for anti-virus, however if I have to I shall.

Any good recommendations??

That'll mean your still using AVG v7.5, just uninstall it and download/install v8.0

Andy_L
09-05-09, 09:10 PM
Bit of a bump

What's the difference between Malware and Spybot?

wwmnw
09-05-09, 11:58 PM
I recommend Malware Bytes

The single best anti virus program out there, Only one i have come across so far that can get rid of the Anti Spyware 2008/2009 virus.

Your best bet is to buy an anti virus program though as free ones are not as good as paid for ones as alot more detail go's into paid for ones and they have a better anti virus database.

phazer
10-05-09, 01:11 AM
Your best bet is to buy an anti virus program though as free ones are not as good as paid for ones as alot more detail go's into paid for ones and they have a better anti virus database.

True in a lot of instances but Avast is better than a lot of paid for programs out there. I don't feel the need to go for anything else tbh.

wwmnw
10-05-09, 01:19 AM
True in a lot of instances but Avast is better than a lot of paid for programs out there. I don't feel the need to go for anything else tbh.

I have avast at the moment, I did a scan one night while i went to bed and came down in the morning to find it had only done 20% or so of the scan and had found something (false positive) and it stopped once it had found that one thing, I had to click delete what ever it had found before it would continue where it left off, Then it found another false positive* and stopped on that, You know where I'm going here?

*I have a few programs on my pc that require harmless trojans to work/Trojans that have been flagged as dangerous when they are not.