PDA

View Full Version : my trip to the scrappy today

bmw156
08-04-09, 12:59 AM
hey people

i took a trip to the scrappy today and had a ganders, 2 novas

a red 2 door saloon, all the panels looked prtty fooked. has quite a few bits on it still tho. includiong both bumpers, removeable bump strips, rear window surrounds. boot carpet, boot. whole interior in a lovelyt cream colour lol. brown dash, with retro radio.

and also a 5dr mk2 in black. has most bits there. looked in good nick tbh. was a running as well. o was a 1.2 as well.

just ask if there was anything any one wanted.

Jack
08-04-09, 07:27 AM
Rear window surrounds and brown dash from the saloon may be worth a few quid.

blue_peg_16v
08-04-09, 10:34 AM
if it wa closer id be down there for the surrounds

bmw156
08-04-09, 10:42 AM
ok did this get deleted and reinstated, but cool. i dunno if i cba to go back there lol. sit there for hours removing the dash
but might do haha

Jack
08-04-09, 10:45 AM
I didn't do anything with it...

Dash would be a pain to remove and clean up (as most people after brown dashes would be wanting a tidy one), but the rear window frames are a 10 minute job to remove. In fact less on a scrapper as you could just put the windows through lol

If you have the patience to remove the front frames too, keeping them straight, you could get a keen price for the full set. A price which I may be willing to pay :p

bmw156
08-04-09, 10:49 AM
what is a full set, the two rear?? or are there front ones as well. and i think the dash was looking mint tbh, have the front heater controls hanging, and the glove box was faded to a different colour. i might take another trip down there haha. i have a pic somewhere. give me a sec.

bmw156
08-04-09, 10:55 AM
http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/1151/getattachmentaspxjio.jpg (http://img27.imageshack.us/my.php?image=getattachmentaspxjio.jpg)
crap pic ftw lol, that how **** the iphone camera is

Jack
08-04-09, 10:57 AM
Can't see pics at work :p

By full set I mean the frames around the front windows too (INCLUDING the rubbers, as they're different!). They can be a bit of a PITA to remove as they bend quite easily but if you're careful its not too hard a job.

The front frames are the same as hatchback ones of course, its just the rears that differ. However, a full set will be easier to sell (and warrant a suitable price) than just the rears.

Pistol Pete
08-04-09, 11:02 AM
lol i was just about to say "pics or GTFO"....pic doesnt look that bad TBH.

Looks like a decent scrappy, get the windows surond set as RJ said, could be worth mre than what the scrappy will charge.

bmw156
08-04-09, 11:26 AM
ok lol, think it warrants a trip back, will get the brown dash also.

good times he he

Sloth
08-04-09, 11:37 AM
oooh just fetch me the full car martin!!! such a shame. iirc some one was after the rubbing strips on the doors on here matey...

dj_wudgey
08-04-09, 11:51 AM
just strip it to a bare shell dude lol

muzzy
08-04-09, 01:48 PM
Wish we got Nova's in the scrappy here, the last one we had was an old council van which had absolutely nothing worth taking from it :roll:

dj_wudgey
08-04-09, 01:49 PM
Wish we got Nova's in the scrappy here, the last one we had was an old council van which had absolutely nothing worth taking from it :roll:

its like it here matey there is absolutely f*ck all aswell!!

muzzy
08-04-09, 01:57 PM
Never see any on the road here anymore to go to a scrappy, i keep going in every so often but when i last got a car picked up the guy said "havent picked up a Nova in nearly a year" so that didnt sound very hopefull

bmw156
08-04-09, 03:56 PM
yeh they said have not had many novas for ages, that red one has been sitting there for ages he said. and they got a black 5dr in just recently. which i robbed a few parts of

~~joycey~~
08-04-09, 04:04 PM
Has the loon got a small washer bottle on it?

bmw156
08-04-09, 05:56 PM
Has the loon got a small washer bottle on it?

not any more;)

NathanSRi
08-04-09, 06:07 PM
:(

floydy13
08-04-09, 09:32 PM
if the radio is the one with two knobs either side, any chance of ripping it out for me, doesnt matter if it works or not!, i need one for my Areg hatch im restoring!

bmw156
08-04-09, 09:34 PM
if the radio is the one with two knobs either side, any chance of ripping it out for me, doesnt matter if it works or not!, i need one for my Areg hatch im restoring!

yes mate that is there as well
im making a trip soon so will sort everyone out.

floydy13
08-04-09, 09:35 PM
thats if you are going back?!!

floydy13
08-04-09, 09:36 PM
top man!!

MK999
08-04-09, 10:16 PM
I went to a 'new school' style scrappy recently, reception area and people run and fetch parts to your request. They said any novas they get in are just sent straight in the crusher! We were wondering how many reasonable nick gsi's/sr's etc had just been chucked in :(

Wasn't that much in other scrappies either, most notable was a 3 door with a blue interior which was kinda funky, light blue dash/centre console/door cappings etc someone had snapped one of the door cappings in half though :(

General Baxter
08-04-09, 10:37 PM
you coming to national ?

£20 for the surrounds ?

Edd
10-04-09, 01:54 PM
Il take the removable bump strips and clips if you can them off!!! ...been after sum for ages. thanks Edd

Novaboi_1991
10-04-09, 02:20 PM
LOL BMW15, ur gonna be rich now!,

Check the 2 front doors on the 5door hatch, i need 2, can see thru mine now, lol

mayhem
10-04-09, 03:08 PM
Can't see pics at work :p

By full set I mean the frames around the front windows too (INCLUDING the rubbers, as they're different!). They can be a bit of a PITA to remove as they bend quite easily but if you're careful its not too hard a job.

The front frames are the same as hatchback ones of course, its just the rears that differ. However, a full set will be easier to sell (and warrant a suitable price) than just the rears.

whats different with the rubbers? my old nova was a gte without the surrounds, but i know that he bought it with the surrounds, guess he didnt put them back after the respray..

i found a set of surrounds to, but now i dont know if my rubbers are the right ones:(

General Baxter
10-04-09, 03:10 PM
nob off, iv paid for the frames there mine lol

bmw156
10-04-09, 09:32 PM
lol the frames didnt even make it to the for sale section lol.

brown dash has. and a few other small bits.

are window surrounds worth anything on a gay 5door?

as it had them!!!

also 90% of the mk2 5door is still there.

and who ever asked about the bump strips, i looked. one was hanging off and bent, but if i go back i will see if i can get them off:)

dj_wudgey
11-04-09, 12:15 PM
yea just go back and take everything i would lol

kelbelle
13-04-09, 03:25 PM
I spent the best part of an hour sat inside the 5 door waiting for martin keeping dry and warm lol

Everything inside it was really clean etc. The dash was mark 2 and not much in the way of scratches or dents etc. I stole the lighter though just for the sake of stealing something lol Radio works too, tried to tune it in but so such luck hahaha

AlexW
13-04-09, 03:29 PM
Shoulda robbed all the interior...

And speaking of buying the whole car.... i might be buying another scrap nova hehe