PDA

View Full Version : Urm..... Whats this - Vauxhall Dont Know haha

ST-eater
07-04-09, 04:31 PM
Can anyone tell me what this is? Taken it down vauxhall today for a replacement one as one of the bits has broken off, and they cant find it on their computers. Its for a c20xe Earlier type, and it looks to be somekind of vacuum thing with two vacuum connections and one electrical one. It sits on the inlet, and thats really all i know.

Can anyone tell me what it is, and where it connects to, so i can buy a new one and connect it all up? Someone said it looks to fit between something and a carbon filter in the wing on a calibra, but i havent a clue....

Can i get away without using it? Theres a vacuum line that comes off the pipes just under the TB and connects to the top of this, (the bit thats broken off the top) and then theres an vacuum line that looks to go elsewhere, but to wherei dont know lol.
Can anyone tell me if i need it and what does it do? If i ca blank it off, do i just blank the vaccum hole from the TB plate?

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/5059/image309.jpg (http://www.imagehosting.com/)

stevie-p
07-04-09, 05:04 PM
got a clearer pic its just a blur lol

chimp007_uk
07-04-09, 05:05 PM
solenoid valve?

Graeme
07-04-09, 05:40 PM
Isn't it the valve that connects to the carbon cannister?

General Baxter
07-04-09, 05:43 PM
its the carbon can, tank vapor thingy,

plank the ends but you will still need it connected to the loom, as it will throw a code up :)

Adam
07-04-09, 06:00 PM
Macro ftw

Yeah looks like fuel tank vent valve

ST-eater
07-04-09, 06:19 PM
updated the picture

chimp007_uk
07-04-09, 06:21 PM
Ah... My c20seh throws up a fuel vent valve error, i'm guessing its due to thid not being connected... Would that cause the engine to run bad etc?

Sorry for the hijack!

Paul
07-04-09, 07:42 PM
as said leave it plugged in but blank the pipes off.

General Baxter
07-04-09, 08:08 PM
clean your fingers lol

ST-eater
07-04-09, 09:12 PM
Not got time to clean them, think how dirty my bum is :P lol.... Only messin' its been a fun day messing around fitting new cv boots, so im covered in oil, grease and general car crap... Nicely clean now... until tomorrow :(

ck
07-04-09, 09:21 PM
Fuel Tank Vent Valve. attaches to the right hand side of the inlet.

its for emissions and does not really need to be connected.

so connect it electrically and block the 2 vacuum hoses.

on the other hand i should have a spare if u wanna replace it