PDA

View Full Version : £150 coilovers on ebay at the moment

Jamie D
07-04-09, 04:02 PM
was just wondering if these little beauties are any good, they look a bit el cheapo to me what do you all think??

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VAUXHALL-NOVA-inc-GSi-SPORTS-COILOVER-SUSPENSION-KIT_W0QQitemZ390034702015QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Car sParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item390034702015&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1689%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C 240%3A1318

dj_wudgey
07-04-09, 04:10 PM
i wouldent bother mate save your pennys and get a decent make!! im saving £700 for the koni highsport kit i personally think its worth it matey!! but it depends on what you want from them!!

chimp007_uk
07-04-09, 04:16 PM
i wouldent bother mate save your pennys and get a decent make!! im saving £700 for the koni highsport kit i personally think its worth it matey!! but it depends on what you want from them!!

£700

The discounted Gaz ones are £400 :wtf:

dj_wudgey
07-04-09, 04:17 PM
£700

The discounted Gaz ones are £400 :wtf:

i want the polished shiny ones me though! im particular!!

Jamie D
07-04-09, 04:17 PM
yeah i thought they were cheap crap LOL will save my pennys mabe go for a gaz setup. them koni sound nice but im after some new compos, so i would only have to but a few more quid in for both the wheels and the suspension :D

chimp007_uk
07-04-09, 04:21 PM
i want the polished shiny ones me though! im particular!!

They wont stay shiney for long... and when your car is slammed, whose going to see them?? :D

dj_wudgey
07-04-09, 04:24 PM
They wont stay shiney for long... and when your car is slammed, whose going to see them?? :D

ohh they will stay shiney the car does not many miles and when its restored its just for shows!!

to be honest ive had my mind set on these so its these im getting lol

its just me mate lol

Pistol Pete
07-04-09, 04:43 PM
Ebay ****e FTL...and £700 on coilovers epic fail IMO lol GAZ come shiney and will stay shiney...just out of interest where are you purchasing FK's from...dont remember seeing them for that much when i was looking.

And you know that Highsports are front coilovers only...

amggsi
07-04-09, 04:48 PM
They look to be the same as the FK's that LMF are doing for around £175ish. I've a set in my GSi, but it hasn't been driven yet, so I've no idea what they are like!!!

dj_wudgey
07-04-09, 04:49 PM
Ebay ****e FTL...and £700 on coilovers epic fail IMO lol GAZ come shiney and will stay shiney...just out of interest where are you purchasing FK's from...dont remember seeing them for that much when i was looking.

And you know that Highsports are front coilovers only...

yep i know that mate!! i dont want to cut/weld anything to fit them!!

as stated it depends what you want them for!! ohh and they were like £695 for the polished ones i just rounded them off and they were on rimstyle!! but if i want them why is it a fail?? ive looked at the gaz ones and im not interested they dont go low enough ect i know how much they cost they are just not what im after!!

mayhem
07-04-09, 04:50 PM
german quality? i never seen them lol

if you want a not to expensive coilover set (fixed rears) you could look into vmaxx. these also have camber adjustment.

Pistol Pete
07-04-09, 04:51 PM
GAZ will make them to your spec..for the same £££ IIRC. Thats what they did for me. Dont need to cut weld naff all either. Mine fitted no worries.

What are you using them for then? Just out if curiosity....

www.venommotorsport.com (http://www.venommotorsport.com) i have found them to be the cheapest for suspension. Do alot of nice/good parts IMO.

dj_wudgey
07-04-09, 04:52 PM
GAZ will make them to your spec..for the same £££ IIRC. Thats what they did for me. Dont need to cut weld naff all either. Mine fitted no worries.

What are you using them for then? Just out if curiosity....

slaming my sr to its **** and then leaving them in my grandads garage for 360 days off the year lol

so GAZ will make them to what spec i want?? for the same discounted price??

Pistol Pete
07-04-09, 04:53 PM
IIRC, yes. Ask in the club thread section...or get the deatils and ring them. I had a custom set made up.

But in all honesty whats the point in spending that amount of money for it not to be used??!! Coilovers only really benefit cars that will see track action. IMHO...

dj_wudgey
07-04-09, 04:55 PM
IIRC, yes. Ask in the club thread section...or get the deatils and ring them. I had a custom set made up.

i may do that like but they are definately coilover rears?? i mean i want like 120mm drop on the back!!

Pistol Pete
07-04-09, 04:56 PM
Have a look at my project thread...pics of the rears and what it took for them to fit! Piece of pi..

EDIT:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/Pete_58/Nova/IMGP0712.jpg

dj_wudgey
07-04-09, 04:58 PM
Have a look at my project thread...pics of the rears and what it took for them to fit! Piece of pi..

ok then dude will do matey thanks for your help!!

~~joycey~~
07-04-09, 10:00 PM
My mate has the 150 ones on his corsa and they are very good for the money! better than a shocks and spring kit for 200 or wotever imo.

dj_wudgey
08-04-09, 01:38 AM
id rather spend the extra money though then you know you will get quality thats imo though!!