PDA

View Full Version : advance driving corz(*******MIKEOXFORD******)

carltoncrazy
17-01-03, 12:06 AM
well i need to know some numbers,the carlton insurance is gonna run out whilst im away,and lets say ive been naughty so my insuarnace will rocket this yr,
ive had loadza surcuity chucked on the old girl,to lower the insurance,but i wanna do a corz,so how low do they lower the insuance,i no mike did some corz,so how low did it go?how much is the corz?
i rly need to lower my insurance,coz its gonna b about 2500 this yrs,
and i rly need that droped,understanble,
opiopns of them,any good?where do ya do em?

Nova1.6
17-01-03, 12:26 AM
i did pass plus, it's 6-7 lessons, motorway, night time, town country ect... take 35% off, but dont kow if that'll aply for u.

mikeoxford
17-01-03, 09:26 AM
pass plus and advanced lessons etc cost ????

so unless u can justify it?

check how much itll reduce your premium

first off i did pass plus - that was worth it - although its starting to depreciate in value now adays as it is quite piss easy to be fair - and getting very common.

pass plus cost me ?89 from BSM and i got that back easily

unsure wether cost of ADI or similar would be worth it - u wudnt c u money back in the first year.

answer?
:idea: drive a lower IG car!!!!!!!!!

Mr Dan
17-01-03, 03:26 PM
I did Pass Plus - a piece of piss. Cost around ?100 for the lessons but got somewhere near ?200 I think, back from the insurance company.
I think some companies do bigger discounts for it than others so as ever I guess it's a case of phoning round and asking. I was told that it is similar in value to having an extra years no claims bonus.

jatinder
18-01-03, 09:24 AM
not as good as mine my instructer said give us ?50 and you can have the certificate

Fester
18-01-03, 10:10 AM
Jatinder lol ditto

Will
18-01-03, 10:16 AM
My pass plus cost ?15 :D

locky
18-01-03, 10:57 AM
Carlton crazy, rite, I done a driving improvment coarse when i crashed my old nova, it was a 3 day coarse, and it cost me ?110, any1 can do it, as its run by the police force, but driving instructors from your area take the coarse. I learnt more on the driving improvment coarse im 3 days, than i did in all the time it took me 2 pass my test!
Try ringing the DVLA and see what they say, if not (and u may not like this) ring the police, or go to the station for info!