PDA

View Full Version : info on fitting mk2 cav 1.8 8v

recoveryman
07-04-09, 12:32 AM
hello all, new on here been browsing for a while but only joined recently, had novas on and off for years including an 84" 1.0 sr replica,sri and gsi, sold up my nova stuff in 2007 including 2 decent shells:( anyway 12 months later and i was back looking for a nova managed to find myself a shell needs a fair bit of work but in no major hurry so parts will be sourced along the way. now my question:confused: ive managed to source a mk3 2.0 8v sri cav with the 20ne engine i was ready to start gathering the neccesary parts for the conversion but have now acquired a 1.8 8v mk2 cav sri fully rebuilt bottom end its been slightly overbored has new pistons and rings has been lightened and balanced with matched conrods etc crank has been reground balanced and supposedly knife edged (need to check more on that when i pick it up) now im obviously thinking of fitting this engine instead of the 2.0 now does anyone have any info on fitting this engine and would it be a better engine than the 2.0 for the nova all opinions welcome i will be fitting the engine myself so all info and help on this is appreciated,what head could i use? is it the same fitting kit as a 2.0? shafts? etc? thanks for taking the time to read.:thumb:

AlexW
07-04-09, 12:46 AM
Same fitting as the 2.0 as its a big block. IMO id go with the 2.0.

craig green
07-04-09, 11:45 AM
Assuming its an 18E (engine code) it is far better than the C20NE & arguably nearly as good as the 20SEH if that was in the SRi. Use the gearbox & accelerator cable from the donor car.

Either way both engines need bigblock Nova mountings & special conversion shafts.

www.chrisastleymotorsport.co.uk